General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

WTF am I reading? DC and Black Beast in talks for main event in 3 weeks? How is Lewis even gonna get medically cleared? It's not like he didn't take damage a few days ago LOL.

ESPN is reporting this...I'm kinda stunned.

WTF am I reading? DC and Black Beast in talks for main event in 3 weeks? How is Lewis even gonna get medically cleared? It's not like he didn't take damage a few days ago LOL.

ESPN is reporting this...I'm kinda stunned.

He's gonna be third round Lewis in the first round.

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

No half respected commission should approve Lewis after that. He took 100 sig strikes and looked to have an eye injury...shouldn't get medically cleared

Did see DC opened at -800. Here I was hoping for a -2, or -3 next to DC's name LOL. Hype didn't help much there

Derrick Lewis: Suspended until 11/06, no contact until 10/28 due to tough fight

How could they book him for 230 on Nov. 3 if he's suspended until Nov. 6?

Derrick Lewis: Suspended until 11/06, no contact until 10/28 due to tough fight

How could they book him for 230 on Nov. 3 if he's suspended until Nov. 6?

Aren’t those precautionary suspensions able to be overruled by a physician if they give medical clearance prior to that date?

Aren’t those precautionary suspensions able to be overruled by a physician if they give medical clearance prior to that date?
I guess it's possible for him to get medically cleared, but Derrick Lewis took a hell of a beating at 229 & NY might be a strict state with stuff like that (compared to Bisping in China). I wouldn't be surprised if this fight falls through.

That fight just doesn’t make sense. Is he really the number 1 heavy weight contender? Really?

I guess it's possible for him to get medically cleared, but Derrick Lewis took a hell of a beating at 229 & NY might be a strict state with stuff like that (compared to Bisping in China). I wouldn't be surprised if this fight falls through.

It’s definitely too soon if you ask me but I’m sure they have something up their sleeve because it must’ve been taken into account.

Who the hell is excited for this fight? From a betting perspective...nobody is gonna pay -700 juice on DC and nobody thinks BB can win so...?

Who the hell is excited for this fight? From a betting perspective...nobody is gonna pay -700 juice on DC and nobody thinks BB can win so...?
You know the alternative was the chick fight right? Give me a heavyweight fight, even with a disparity in ability over a random chick fight any day.

Schev is not exciting at all. Terrible headliner

Edit: Just read 'from a betting perspective'. I guess it isn't very exciting either but was the womens fight? At least Lewis can crack for potential excitement and we can pick a round prop for betting

You know the alternative was the chick fight right? Give me a heavyweight fight, even with a disparity in ability over a random chick fight any day.

Schev is not exciting at all. Terrible headliner

Edit: Just read 'from a betting perspective'. I guess it isn't very exciting either but was the womens fight? At least Lewis can crack for potential excitement and we can pick a round prop for betting

Was just about to say that while I agree it's better than Schev vs Eubanks, they should have just made Nate/DP the main and given us 5 rounds. Then I saw the tweet saying DP is hurt and out. Ugh.

Gaethje v Nate. Make the violence happen, Nate will just get wrestled with those options

Out of the box thinking - Aldo for his LW debut?

Was just about to say that while I agree it's better than Schev vs Eubanks, they should have just made Nate/DP the main and given us 5 rounds. Then I saw the tweet saying DP is hurt and out. Ugh.
Yea that would explain this desperation title fight

Gaethje v Nate. Make the violence happen, Nate will just get wrestled with those options

Out of the box thinking - Aldo for his LW debut?
Nate doesn’t want to fight anybody. I’ll be surprised if he stays on the card

Back