George Carlin |War| - (Rate It)

Rate It.

• Total voters
I liked Carlin alot then it seemed the more I listen the more political it started to get and more I was kind of meh.. when he's not doing a political rant I like him alot tho..

Hes really a knock off an tame version of his Idol Lenny Bruce

Last edited:
His content has aged remarkably well because he covers topics that are still relevant 3 decades later. Religion, U.S. imperialism, language, etc. Sometimes I watch comedy specials and realize no one is going to be listening to this stuff in a decade. Jokes about some celebrity or a current event in pop culture. No one's gonna care about that shit in a few years.

His content has aged remarkably well because he covers topics that are still relevant 3 decades later. Religion, U.S. imperialism, language, etc. Sometimes I watch comedy specials and realize no one is going to be listening to this stuff in a decade. Jokes about some celebrity or a current event in pop culture. No one's gonna care about that shit in a few years.
He did a joke about Germs and I thought about it often during the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic"...a lot of his content does hold well all though some will argue he wasn't exactly a comedian but if you look at Chapelle's style its a lot like Georges.

It’s ok. Again, I agree with a lot of what he says, but I never really bust a gut laughing. I like more of a goofy or absurd type of comedy. Ranting comedy kind of bores me, if I’m being honest. 6/7-10

Still say beat stand up comedian imo is Robin Williams. No comedian ever made me laugh as hard an the man was a comic genius. Moat of concerts were just straight improv. Unlike how most comedians have mostly set pieces they might change a little show to show.

Alot of Carlins concerts were great especially in 80s . When he goes into his political shit I get bored.

Nope. You're an idiot. George Carlin gave Ted Talk level monologues, but I don't think it was even his intention to make you laugh out loud. You can't tell me that you find his rants hilarious.

They sure make me laugh. If you don't feel the same way I wouldn't be surprised given your username.

Back