George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jnr - Saturday 17th February

HardasNAILZ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
WOW! Can’t believe this has come around so quickly.

Cannot wait for this fight. I think Groves will outbox and stop Eubank late on.

Anyone here going to watch it live?

Groves has some early success on the back foot, moving around Eubank. Then he gets overwhelmed and stopped late.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to it, i've got Eubank.

Eubank outworks Groves to a decision. Nobody is getting stopped in this one.

Eubank is an easy call in this, he isn’t stopping anything.

Best fight of the super middle tournament. Eubank should take it.

Where is this gonna be showing ?

WOW! Can’t believe this has come around so quickly.

Cannot wait for this fight. I think Groves will outbox and stop Eubank late on.

Anyone here going to watch it live?

Nah but got a few coming round to mine. Also proper excited.
Can also see groves outboxing Eubank, until he realises he can’t knock him out, gasses, and gets stopped late

You’ve watched Eubank all his career and don’t know what his tv deal is...?

I really want Groves to take this, but I think Eubanks pressure and aggression is going to really trouble him, and although Groves is naturally bigger I don’t think he’s so big that Junior doesn’t cause him problems.

Should be a cracker though.

I think people are writing Groves off a bit too easily here, if he can catch Eubank with the same sort of right hand he levelled Froch with, Eubank is not standing up to that sort of blow

As soon as it starts to go a bit late, aas others though, it may be Eubanks to take

Its a good fight with a few interesting possibilities

I think people are writing Groves off a bit too easily here, if he can catch Eubank with the same sort of right hand he levelled Froch with, Eubank is not standing up to that sort of blow

As soon as it starts to go a bit late, aas others though, it may be Eubanks to take

it was the jab that led to the overhand right.

groves can win this fight with his jab.

I wouldn’t be too sure, his chin is like his old mans. And that is groves problem along with the fact that he can fight full pace for the full fight. Imo groves will have the same problems with Eubank that he faced with froch; durability and stamina

I wouldn’t be too sure, his chin is like his old mans. And that is groves problem along with the fact that he can fight full pace for the full fight. Imo groves will have the same problems with Eubank that he faced with froch; durability and stamina
Yeah that's entirely how I see the fight as well. Eubank is a nightmare match up stylistically for Groves. And Eubank has a higher output than Froch so it will be even more apparent.

Had to have a bit of Groves at 6/4. Ridiculous odds.

Eubank hype train coming to an abrupt halt on Saturday night.

Been watching the work out videos, has there ever been a super middleweight with a waist as thin as Eubank Jnr?

Jesus

So hype for this, this is a gem of a British fight.

I think Eubank has t watch it here, Chris's weakness is against fighters who fight long hence why he lost to Billy Joe Saunders.

Eubank is very contained with his reach, hence why he likes to close the distance and explode on you with lightning fast combo's.

Groves ranges a lot and then if you try to close he lets you have it with the right hand, BJS is very similar from Southpaw but he uses more speed than power .......... i just wonder if Eubank has a game plan to overcome this ...... and if it will work.

Favouring Eubank though, he seems like he'd walk through a wall to get this win.

Been watching the work out videos, has there ever been a super middleweight with a waist as thin as Eubank Jnr?

Jesus

He's not a SMW though that's why, the guy walks around at 12.03st and the SM limit is only 12st lol.
On twitter he posted a vid of him getting on the scales just around Xmas and he was walking around at 11.10st ffs.
He cuts nothing to make SMW.

Groves probably cuts from at least 13st if not more.

Back