Get dominated twice in a row, still ranked number 2 in the world

He wasn't dominated in either fight. Weidman benefited from a clowning Silva and an injury Silva sustained from having his kick checked. Underwhelming.

I don't know what you think dominating means but you are insane or just a plain nuthugger if you don't think Anderson wasn't dominated. Anderson has clowned around like he against Weidman in every fight so that's not an excuse. Weidman out struck Anderson in both fights and almost KO'ed him again in the second one. On top of that Weidman dominated Anderson on the ground in both fights. At no time was Weidman ever in danger or even threatened by Anderson.

I know that all of you Anderson fans want to hang on with the "what if" excuses but one day you will have to face the fact that Anderson isn't as good as Weidman.

That's the theory that bas rutton sed when he explained it, basically by turning ur hips over ur connected with the sharp part of th shin bone oppose to the flat part. hold a ruler up try to break it in half with its flat, then turn it to its side and try to break it, that's te example he used when breaking down the the kick
but that being said anyone who thinks Weidman pulled off a finishing move checking the kick is foolish and you can not reason with them, im a Weidman fan too, but the fan boys make it hard to say that. Most times when the leg break happens in kickboxing the guy doesn't celebrate and theres been guys who gave back the trophy they won after the fight cuse they know its a freak accident, and these are guys who could train RAY in kickboxing let a lone chris,

his does turn into the kick enough that he's connecting with the sharp part of the shin. moreso than on the first inside kick. you see his shin flatten upwards on contact but the contact is on the sharp part of the shin.

To be fair i think he beats all the remaining 8 (or 7 since he won't fight Machida). Weidman just seems to have his number.

his does turn into the kick enough that he's connecting with the sharp part of the shin. moreso than on the first inside kick. you see his shin flatten upwards on contact but the contact is on the sharp part of the shin.

Yea kinda looked that way to me too, im no mauy thai expert tho people explained it as he kicked from his back leg it makes it look like he turned his hip over into the kick but never got the full extention. I think bas putting out that video just made everyone think they were an expert. freak accident to break the way it did either way, but good check on weidmans part

It's funny how Anderson fans think "clowning around" is a legit excuse for a loss.

What I find funny is that they say if you clown and win that is what makes you great. Better then anyone else because 'you are doing stuff in the cage no one else does'.

It is that taking of extra risk that has, in large part, put Anderson at the top of the p4p and GOAT lists.

But when he loses with it, suddenly it should not count. It counts and gives Anderson maximum benefits in a win, but in a loss he gets a pass and his opponent no credit.

What I find funny is that they say if you clown and win that is what makes you great. Better then anyone else because 'you are doing stuff in the cage no one else does'.

It is that taking of extra risk that has, in large part, put Anderson at the top of the p4p and GOAT lists.

But when he loses with it, suddenly it should not count. It counts and gives Anderson maximum benefits in a win, but in a loss he gets a pass and his opponent no credit.

Boobing and weiving like hes done n his past fights is different then what he did in the Weidman fight, Weidman fight he went full retard stood in the pocket pretending to be hurt while getting punches thrown at him, and that's coming from a Weidman fan

Did you know that ended in what 2007? That is what? Six and half years ago?

Rankings aren't tattoos, they are perishable.

The majority of Fedor's career, he was in the biggest Org fighting the best HW had to offer.

After that, he fought a very good selection of HWs in organizations that had great HWs (some better than what the UFC had).

Werdum, Barnett, Bigfoot, Overeem, and Cormier are all from SF or Affliction and 4 or the 5 are ranked currently. So he still fought in organizations with some of the best HW competition.

So, saying Fedor didn't fight in the "big leagues" is laughable and completely incorrect.

5xmmp.jpg

Sherdog took Fedor off the p4p list after the werdum fight & Silva is still there after losing twice. Sherdog loves the ufc hype machine

He broke his own leg throwing a strike. You cannot possibly attribute that as a legitimate win for Weidman

He broke his own leg throwing a strike. You cannot possibly attribute that as a legitimate win for Weidman

Considering that Weidman had something to do with it, yes, it is a legitimate win for Weidman. It's not like Silva made a misstep while having a case of osteogenesis imperfecta.

Can we come to the middle and say 38 yr old Silva bones just dont stand up to 26 yr old murican bones? Can we also say that the "routine" leg check caused a freak accident but Silva was still in trouble in that fight(not in that round). God people Weidman is good, not great he's really good. And I think he's going to be great if he stays healthy. Silva's time is done. I loved watching him fight and will miss his antics but his time has passed. Now Weidman and his camp acting like thats a technique they specifically designed to "DESTRUCTION" his leg upon checking is pure All American Grade A Prime BULLSHIT! Chris would do good to get rid of this clown(Longo) or get a pr team. Enough is enough with this foolishness. The man was just as surprised as Anderson when the break happened.

Please tell me somebody else in the division that has beaten Silva and deserves to be ranked ahead of him right now. I beg you.

when fedor lost he got thrown out of the top 10 HW's and dropped down in the p4p

zuffa controlled media

Please tell me somebody else in the division that has beaten Silva and deserves to be ranked ahead of him right now. I beg you.

No one. He's #2. King God Awesomeness Chris Bones of Steel Weidman is reigning emperor overlord of the world!

Back