Getting a Divorce After 15 Years

TigerUpperKut

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ive seen these threads before but never thought I'd be making this thread myself.

How do u guys deal with this and move on? I feel like the worst is yet to come before it gets better.

Hit the treadmill? Join a gym? Get back into shape? Coke n whores?

For the brief moment I was divorced, gym and hoes was my religion. I assume if the Mrs. and I ever part ways again it would be more of the same.

I prefer the term "hookers and blow" rolls off the tongue.

For the brief moment I was divorced, gym and hoes was my religion. I assume if the Mrs. and I ever part ways again it would be more of the same.

I may have to take that route. U divorced and got back together?

I don't see the point of this thread anymore.

Lol, there's no point I guess. Just wanted to tell random strangers

Prayer and Meditation....sharing with and leaning on friends, putting one foot in front of the other..Remaining civil and fair especially if kids are involved...and never forgetting....THIS TO SHALL PASS...good luck.

Happens to the best of us...it sucks at first, but you'll get over it and move on...dating apps are awesome...

Ive seen these threads before but never thought I'd be making this thread myself.

How do u guys deal with this and move on? I feel like the worst is yet to come before it gets better.

Make sure you've exhausted all possibilities before divorce.
I don't see a point in divorcing after 15 years together. That's like quitting a race before you've reached the finish line

Thanks guys
I been out the game so long though. And I look and feel like shit.
One foot after the other though.....

How old are you? Do you have any kids?

Just try to stay positive and do better for yourself everyday.
Be honest in which things are good for you and which only seem good on the outside (hoes and coke) but leave you empty.

Not been there but friends have.

Try to figure the split with your ex, as lawyers will rape you. A little compromise with her will go a long way.

Get a healthy hobby. Drinking too much or buying whores do not count.

Make sure you've exhausted all possibilities before divorce.
I don't see a point in divorcing after 15 years together. That's like quitting a race before you've reached the finish line

I hear ya man. Marital issues I can get thru, but infidelity is something u can't come back from. She cheated

And we do have kids

If it's truly the end of your marriage, use it as the jumping off point towards a new phase in your life. Spend your free time improving yourself. Learn new skills, educate yourself, work out. Don't worry about jumping right into a relationship immediately. If it's truly over, the break will suck, but you'll get past it.

I may have to take that route. U divorced and got back together?

Lol, there's no point I guess. Just wanted to tell random strangers

Yeah man. Dated 5, married 2, divorced 2, remarried 16 years. Although during the divorce we still banged on occasion while dating other folks. So it only made sense to get back together.

I hear ya man. Marital issues I can get thru, but infidelity is something u can't come back from. She cheated

And we do have kids
Deeply sorry to read that. Then you did make it to the finish line and you came victorious. There is no sympathy for cheaters. Scum of the earth really

I'm sorry you have to go through that, TS. Keep your chin up.

dont get involved in a relationship until after a year - kosher lawyer

And we do have kids
Try to not be bitter about it tho. Being angry will only eat you inside.

When one of my sisters got divorced, wherever she had a doubt on how to proceed with something she put her child well beign in the first place.
Her ex was a bad husband and father, but going to war against him would create a bad enviroment for the kid.

Back