getting screwed over at work

my worst job ever was laying tile when i was 19. for $6 an hour. sometimes we worked on the naval bases, reflooring ships. i really hated that, and boss decided i was only worth $5 doing that. he gave me an anti-raise.

oddly the day i started that job my friend had came by to take me to a busboy job i'd been waiting for. totally unannounced, and i shoulda done that instead. bujt i'd made a commitment to the tile asshole.

end of the summer i got a different busboy job and got to quit working for tile asshole. made more $ too with tips, it was way closer to home, mostly cool people, and even hot girls. what an improvement.

Promotion, knew the guy getting it before i was even interviewed.

Lets just say i became a major pain in the ass for many after that, but do a good job while fuckiong about as much as you want and fuck all they will do.

I find that getting promoted has nothing to do with how well you perform at your job. If you know how to politic and kiss ass you will get promoted. Another type that always seem to get promoted are problem children. They have a saying, fuck up, move up. If they can't really fire you but you are fucking up projects or whatever they promote you to get you the fuck out of the way.

So either worthless people who know how to politic or worthless people who fuck up but not enough to get fired.

I find that getting promoted has nothing to do with how well you perform at your job. If you know how to politic and kiss ass you will get promoted. Another type that always seem to get promoted are problem children. They have a saying, fuck up, move up. If they can't really fire you but you are fucking up projects or whatever they promote you to get you the fuck out of the way.

So either worthless people who know how to politic or worthless people who fuck up but not enough to get fired.
There are the slave types as well, that are basically their boss' bitch. Vacation set, plans set, wife booked off days, but boss says he wants to take that week off, and they fold.
These types eventually do get promoted, but its the most bullshit promotion imo. One guy in the sales dept. got it; He went from assistant sales manager to sales manager with no new responsibilities, pay, or workstation.
It was probably just a way to keep him happy for being a doormat. The only good thing I see coming from it was that it's the official title, and he can apply for future jobs with similar rank even if he doesn't have the skills to qualify.

Last edited:
I was brought in for sales. I was given a rather broad scope and no direction or goals. Should have been a red flag to me, but I've always been fairly easy going. I raised revenue by about 30% in one category and about 5% in another, netting about 3 times my salary total. I was due a bonus for this. After several weeks of not getting anywhere on collecting my bonus, I got in a discussion with my "supervisor" about it, and she said I wasn't doing what I'd been brought on for. I was dumbfounded, and asked for some clarification. They wanted me to increase revenue in a different category, not the one I raised. This would not have generated the same amount of overall revenue, as it was a smaller category. So I brought in lots more money than they asked for, and they let me go because I wasn't a "good fit" for going after a more lucrative market category. This was after I did the "supervisor's" job for her while she sat on her ass shopping for shoes on Amazon or cheating on her husband on the property. Great company to work for!

I was brought in for sales. I was given a rather broad scope and no direction or goals. Should have been a red flag to me, but I've always been fairly easy going. I raised revenue by about 30% in one category and about 5% in another, netting about 3 times my salary total. I was due a bonus for this. After several weeks of not getting anywhere on collecting my bonus, I got in a discussion with my "supervisor" about it, and she said I wasn't doing what I'd been brought on for. I was dumbfounded, and asked for some clarification. They wanted me to increase revenue in a different category, not the one I raised. This would not have generated the same amount of overall revenue, as it was a smaller category. So I brought in lots more money than they asked for, and they let me go because I wasn't a "good fit" for going after a more lucrative market category. This was after I did the "supervisor's" job for her while she sat on her ass shopping for shoes on Amazon or cheating on her husband on the property. Great company to work for!

kindly elaborate on d shoes shopping and cheating on husband on the property part sir..

I find also that managers won't promote people who they feel will be better than them. If you out shine your boss and do really good work while they are worthless, watch out, you will never get a promotion.

I was working a position that didnt pay me anymore than i allready made,but i liked it,i had alot more freedom. The powers that be decided that this position was going to have a higher payscale,and they took it from me,and gave it to an old dude who didnt even want it and allready made the money that it paid out,and he quit,and they still didnt give it to me. I could do the work,had been doing it for a long time. So i took a chance on another job as a tempt,took my vacation,quit the old one soon as i got back,did the temp thing,and managed to carve in full time for myself,while getting higher pay than the other job. It was a risk that almost didnt work out but it did. Fuck that other job.

What's the biggest thing you have been fucked over with at work? I have been working at my job for too damn long now. I get tired of the same crap, over and over. Just one example; was working at a somewhat entry level position for about 4 years, along with 3 other guys. I had been asking for cross training through other departments that are directly related to my job, but could advance my career since month one of being on the job. Also, the other guys I worked with had even more years of experience doing the same function as me.

Management decides to bring in a young dude fresh out of college, and he is added to our team. Within three months of being on the job, management grabs this guy out of our area and gives him a position working full time in a more complex department that I had been asking for training in since I had arrived at this position. The guy gets all the experience he needs there and is now 2 or 3 pay ranges higher than me at another department and about 10 years younger. Im still at the entry level job.

That's just one example of many at my current job, but this post is too long anyway. Got any stories?
Dammnit GG Allin,you never had a job.

Chick is a pro cheater. Cheats on her husband, and cheats her employees.

kindly elaborate on d shoes shopping and cheating on husband on the property part sir..

What's to elaborate on? She would either be shopping on amazon or in a room fucking someone not her husband :)

I guess it would help to know it was a couple of hotels. She was sleeping with a roided up contractor and at least one other person, although there may be more i'm not aware of.

What's to elaborate on? She would either be shopping on amazon or in a room fucking someone not her husband :)

I guess it would help to know it was a couple of hotels. She was sleeping with a roided up contractor and at least one other person, although there may be more i'm not aware of.
Damnn is she good looking and fit? theres no way shes doing this to u up front :O

New guy is probably only an orange belt on sherdog, you got him where it counts playboy.

I'm self-employed. My boss is a dick.
so your job is wanking it to pr0n?
wait, is the boss somebody else's dick?

TS:
have you considered showing a little skin?

This is tough and I certainly sympathize with you. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. Often times chemistry with a subordinate trumps talent, skill, knowledge, experience, passion and deserving. It's happened to me and people I know as well. You can only move forward. Either you move on and try to address what weaknesses or improve your relationships with the people that control your destiny in that area or you leave for a fresh start elsewhere.

It's a difficult situation. I'm there now. I actually have developed such hate for my employer over similar items but I'm staying because I have a few benefits that I'll probably never enjoy at any other company, so I'm riding it out until I get canned.

Unfortunately there's a lot of bullshit politics in nearly all workplaces. I've been on the good and bad side of it.

In my experience the shittier the work culture and unhappier people are in their jobs the more prevalent this kind of thing is. If you're the kind of person that wants to advance in a career you should be aiming to work somewhere with a positive culture. You're less likely to find yourself stifled.

Nothing like that, but I constantly have to pick up the slack where my lazy ass co-workers barely do anything. I'm usually running all over the place and they're just hanging out in the same area.

I'm in a situation right now.

Ive been working for the last 18 months with the verbal understanding with my directors that when the guy above me leaves I will take over running this company's day to day operations.

The guy was just fired for upsetting some big clients. I got called into a meeting with said clients and played damage control really well, convinced them to stay on board, all good etc.

Now I hear through the grape vine that they are bringing in a previous contractor to take over the company and I stay as 2ic. Meeting with directors tomorrow. I'm legit going to drop someone if this is the case. Uppercuts galore.

You need to look up the Gervais Principle. Someone wrote how businesses work and the dynamics in why some people move up when they aren't really qualified and it is all told through the plot of The Office.

Back