Getting stuck in Scarf Hold? Watch this Video...

Judophiles are triggered in this thread.

Such a tribal group.

The prejudice is real son.

I've been discouraged from hon kesa in the gi multiple times by various American BJJ black belts.

I've been tapping people in the gi with Josh Barnett style chest compression from hon kesa and our Brazillian BJJ 4th degree black belt just nods his head yes in approval and never discourages the scarf hold.

Hon in this context just means 'basic', or 'regular'. So hon kesa gatame is kesa gatame. Any other variation should be specified.

isnt that what hes doing by saying modified kesa?

isnt that what hes doing by saying modified kesa?

Look at the name of the video, and the image for the video. It doesn’t say modified, it just says ‘scarf’.

He also says these escapes will also work for scarf, which is not the case.

<{vega}>

No kesa gatame escapes itt

giphy.gif

ttt if you want to be stuck in bottom scarf for the rest of your adult & masters life

Dan might have some good hon kesa vids.

I'd believe it. He's a catch guy, right? Catch & Judo guys tend to hespect the scarf. So do open-minded Jiujitsu guys.

ttt for never being pinned longer than 2 seconds by petey

If a competent player puts you in scarf hold (y'know, the actual scarf hold), & you tried the escapes you show in this video, you'd be wearing that scarf like Johnny Depp. Aka, 24/7.

Look at the name of the video, and the image for the video. It doesn’t say modified, it just says ‘scarf’.

He also says these escapes will also work for scarf, which is not the case.

"Easily Escape Scarf Hold"

If a competent player puts you in scarf hold (y'know, the actual scarf hold), & you tried the escapes you show in this video, you'd be wearing that scarf like Johnny Depp. Aka, 24/7.

petey outing himself as an inompetent judoka

Judon’t know shit about escaping scarf hold

CDkGqLCUUAIprJO.jpg

Came for scarf hold escapes, only found broken scarf hold escapes.

What's next, you gonna show us some closed guard passes on an open guard?

petey outing himself as an inompetent judoka
Seems like he is quite competent, since he knows the difference between a true scarf hold and a broken scarf hold.

I'm high ranking, with piles of medals and I agree with him, mate. Are you going to call me incompetent too, or are you going to admit that they are two different positions with different escape sets?

If Mifune distinctly calls them two very different positions (which he does), are you going to dig up his bones and call him incompetent?

Back