GGG vs Lemiux Oct/17 at MSG on PPV

95-93 Maduma
95-93 Hooker
95-94

Hooker SD.

Lol @ this fight being on ppv.

hey guys, does anyone have a rough estimate for when chocolatito fights?

thanks

Real question - why NYC over Qubec ?

Madison Square Garden.

dsc_0139_3.jpg

Well doesn't Golovkin have an exclusive fight deal with HBO, so the fight would NEVER be free, unless Golden Boy really took charge and they decided to put it on Fox Sports One

but Seano is getting at some good points, that taking a fun match up for Golovkin, where the PPV market is completely untested for him and charging a extra premium for it (PPV) worst case could blow up in HBO's faces

the big question here is has Golovkin's name gotten to the point where the casuals who don't have HBO would pony up to see him fight on PPV

If this PPV does poorly, which it likely will, there goes some of Golovkins leverage in negotiation with guys like Canelo or Cotto.

El Flash recovered nicely, Roach punched himself out.

hey guys, does anyone have a rough estimate for when chocolatito fights?

thanks

Im looking forward to that one as well. I suggest turning it on now, theres a decent undercard bout on

Golovkin isn't going to fight someone in their backyard.

USA, Monaco, Switzerland, Germany, the guy fights wherever the money is. I don't see any reason to believe Golovkin is picky about where he fights.

I can't find anyplace to watch it locally , ugh. Its ridiculous that it 2015 and one has to have cable or satellite to order a PPV. I would buy this one all day long.

Glovkin just bout that big drama show.

Both really. Its not a great fight. Lemieux is going to lose and probably early. Said in another thread, MAYBE I'll buy it if they stack the card or if its cheap. But how can they stack the card? Who does GB have?

Chocolatito confirmed on the undercard and supposedly Sadam Ali - more than good enough for me!

I can't find anyplace to watch it locally , ugh. Its ridiculous that it 2015 and one has to have cable or satellite to order a PPV. I would buy this one all day long.

Me neither
Very upsetting

Is it acceptable to sit at bww for the whole ppv?

Man you guys bitch a lot. Who cares.

Personally, I think it's a great fight at this point. Both have a lot of power, both are hittable, GGG is obviously the favourite, but Lemuix has improved. Really fun matchup!

They're still playing the countdown/attract mode loop on DirecTV channel 123. What's the channel on DirecTV for the undercard/prelim bouts going on right now?

Man you guys bitch a lot. Who cares.

Personally, I think it's a great fight at this point. Both have a lot of power, both are hittable, GGG is obviously the favourite, but Lemuix has improved. Really fun matchup!

Ditto!

I am seeing Chocolitio vs. Brian Viloria as the co-main event, according to rumors.

Honestly they should of got someone like Matthysse to be the co-main event instead of the midget, given nobody knows who he is besides hardcore boxing fans.

Viloria is an old flyweight, Little Chocolate would stop him.

ETA of the main event?

I am seeing Chocolitio vs. Brian Viloria as the co-main event, according to rumors.

Honestly they should of got someone like Matthysse to be the co-main event instead of the midget, given nobody knows who he is besides hardcore boxing fans.

made a post about it in the non-thread worthy thread.

Good fight.

Matthysse is ideal, he's known. That said, Roman fought an impressive performance on HBO, he'll probably have some steam behind him. Viloria has Filipinos and hawaii behind him as well as many entertaining fights.

where are they gonna pull Viloria from though? Gonzalez is Teikken, Viloria Top Rank, Golovkin is K2, Lemieux is GBP. The amount of cross promotion there is looking unrealistic.

Final predictions-

Johnson wide decision.
Ortiz KO 2.
Little Chocolate KO 10.
Triple Duck KO 4.

Viloria is an old flyweight, Little Chocolate would stop him.

Viloria's 31, not that old. Viloria is also one of those few guys that you can legitimately call inconsistent IMO. He looked good against Omar Soto, whose decent. Who knows? if Viloria shows up at his best, we could have a competitive fight on our hands here.

I agree that Chocolatito beats him, probably by late stoppage, but Viloria is a good opponent.

this is ggg's best fight still out of everyone he beat.
still other than being knocked out early (which surely his handlers know too) lemieux has no shot.
if I were ggg I'd avoid looking for the knock out for a while.
even though ggg coud ko lemmy early, he leaves himself open and could be hurt himself.

other than that. if it goes over 4 GGG wil win easily.

Viloria's 31, not that old. Viloria is also one of those few guys that you can legitimately call inconsistent IMO. He looked good against Omar Soto, whose decent. Who knows? if Viloria shows up at his best, we could have a competitive fight on our hands here.

For his weight class, 31 is not young.

Viloria is inconsistent. Just when you think he's finished, he pulls off a good win.

If they stack the card, it will be worth to buy. Both guys have serious power and are unifying titles.

It's one of the more interesting fights for Golovkin at the weight and a potentially great fight while it lasts. Lemieux has flaws, but he is a damn good puncher and with the way Golovkin has been fighting lately, that makes things interesting. I like the idea of Chocolatito on the undercard, as well. I'm not crazy about it being on PPV, though, and I'm a little skeptical of Golovkin actually selling well against Lemieux at this point.

And it starts!!!!

Back