Media GIFS How does Topuria match up with Volk? His biggest threat at FW?

Volk would box his socks off, Ilia is a swarming brawler
You can't tell until they both get in there.

I know one thing for sure. Volks chin will get cracked if he serves it up for Topuria like he did for Islam.

He's the hardest hitting FW ever.

Last edited:
He needs to tighten up a bit. See how he does v Emmet. I think he beats him, but we need to see him fighting guys in teh top 5. From there I think he grows.

ATM I think Volk just a little bit too polished for him

I think I need new glasses. I read the title twice as Tuivasa. Couldn't help but think, Volk is good, but man, don't let him land anything even remotely clean.

Tuivasa did ok!

Would love to see Tuivasa VS Volk

He certaintly has the tools but needs to polish his defense more, he gets wobbled several times against lesser competition.

Topuria is improving but I don’t think he has anything for Volk right now.

He has real KO power but his striking isn’t as polished and Volk has shown he can more than hold his own against elite grapplers like Islam and Ortega. Topuria is smaller than those two and would be at a strength disadvantage.

He might be able to catch Volk in a couple of years though when the inevitable decline starts.

I'd love to see that fight man.
Same. Allen showed he is right there with the elite of the division. Lost to Max due to gameplanning issues, not a gulf in class or skill.

I want to see him against all the top guys in the division now. Ortega next or whoever loses the Topuria/Emmett fight hopefully.

Same. Allen showed he is right there with the elite of the division. Lost to Max due to gameplanning issues, not a gulf in class or skill.

I want to see him against all the top guys in the division now. Ortega next or whoever loses the Topuria/Emmett fight hopefully.

Seeing him fight Ortega would be a great battle.
Not sure how Ortega is going to come back from shoulder surgery though sir.

I don't think he matches up well. He is still too sloppy. People like Volk and Max are very savvy. They know how to score and win rounds.

He'll get schooled. Loads up way too much looking for the knockout to the point he was falling over his shots in the Bryce fight and he came out of that fight with a black eye from the boxing of Bryce of all people. No one is decisioning Volk at FW. Yair has the best chance to finish Volk

Love Topuria but he's too hittable and doesn't have the gas tank for Volk.

Nah, Topuria looks amazing but Volk is twice as fast and has like 10,000 times the gastank of Topuria who's more of a sprinter than a marathon runner, type fighter. I don't think he has much success at all with Volk and gets finished inside 3.

Topuria has a tendency to overswing and isn't defensively sound, think Volk would have to endure a few moments early but would either get him out of there in the championship rounds or it ends an increasingly one sided decision. We'll see if Topuria's tightened up his defense against Emmett, if he leaves openings early he's going to get cracked and likely slept. Or if he's smart he looks for a sub and avoids the risk.

Back