Media Gifs - Why did Nunes actually lose to Pena?

Because she's too busy becoming a husband now.

This pretty much. She will focus on her family. Some reason it tells me Pena win was not a fluke and she will win again.

Amanda folds when hurt or tired. No one has realized it in a very long time because she basically comically outclasses everyone she faces. She was overconfident with Pena and payed for it. Pena made the fight rough, got Amanda tired, put some doubt into her mind and she folded.

This too. Cat Zingano fight and now the pena fight.

Amanda folds when hurt or tired. No one has realized it in a very long time because she basically comically outclasses everyone she faces. She was overconfident with Pena and payed for it. Pena made the fight rough, got Amanda tired, put some doubt into her mind and she folded.

Kind of like Mike Tyson.../ducks

Nunes got outworked in every aspect of the fight. She probably thought she could take Pena out early but shit obviously hit the fan when she couldn't.

Nunes has been able to bull-rush everybody she's faced and nobody (except Cyborg) wanted to brawl back with her. Pena went in there with the mentality that Nunes was gonna have to work to take her out, and Pena wasn't just going to wait to either catch Nunes, or get steamrolled. Nunes didn't know how to react when her opponent didn't just wilt.

Nunes hasn't had a FIGHT in a long time. She has either walked through people or had sparring exhibitions where she could comfortably coast to a win.

Pena came to fight her. She didn't back down (even when Nunes won round 1), she bit down on her mouthpiece and dragged Nunes into a brawl.

Nunes then fought dumb and emotional and gassed/adrenaline dumped herself and got tired.

And fucking all the respect in the world to Julianna Peña for executing that gameplan AND beating Nunes with it.

Curious to see them do it again.
Nunes theoretically shouldn't get caught off guard again, but does she still have enough fight and or fight iq to overcome an even more confident Pena?

She blamed her camp at ATT, her knees, covid ect.

Honestly, I didn't know what the hell happened to Amanda during the fight. I thought Pena was only landing some sloppy pitter patter and Amanda got tired had some kind of in-ring breakdown.

Looking at the fight gifs I think she obviously just took clean shots and got rocked and couldn't recover and does not have good instincts when she's hurt. She should have been retreating or trying to clinch up but she just stood in the pocket.

DismalUnequaledFantail-size_restricted.gif

AmusingAllBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

Nunes got comfortable and civilized. Pena was hungrier. Sometimes it's that simple.

Marvin Hagler said it best: it's hard to get out of bed to do road work at 5am when you're wearing silk pyjamas."

This too. Cat Zingano fight and now the pena fight.
I came to mention this. Cat Zingano did pretty much the same thing to Nunes. Styles make fights and I can see Pena do the exact same thing but maybe easier because Nunes knows she needs to make adjustments. But how good is her training now?

you explicitly implied it bro lol stop backtracking on your shitty takes
You're such a moron. You took that out of context and won't stfu about it. Someone(probably you) ask why she would throw the fight. I stated a scenario why she would.

You're such a moron. You took that out of context and won't stfu about it. Someone(probably you) ask why she would throw the fight. I stated a scenario why she would.[/

this is the last time im going to respind to your dumb ass. If you present a scenario that implies a possibility, it dont matter what the odds were she didnt throw the fight. Go think about some other shit you can comment on that you know absolutely nothing about.

she got her sh!t pushed in, and pena didnt fold like a wet paper bag

Yes but there are priorities being made and it seems Nunes is winding down her career to focus on being a mother.
pena is an actual birthing mother, her body has gone through physical transformation

nunes is getting old and/or too comfortable

Nunes is a bully. When she isn't really getting hit or hurt, she looks good. When she does get clipped, all technique flies out the window and she plants her feet and swings. When that failed, she quit.

She lost because she finally fought someone in her sad division who didn't fold like a French fry as soon as she was touched. Past the 1st 3 minutes Nunes had nothing. Anyone who's been paying attention knows full well Nunes has been ducking Pena for years

Nunes is not a good counterstriker. She looks great when she can walk opponents down and overwhelm them, which she’s done to everyone else.

I think Amanda's demise is being exaggerated. I think there were a combo of things going on. Sometimes fighters simply dont have it which is why people like GSP, Jones, Silva, Valentina, Fedor, etc etc are special. They get to the top and stay there. Amanda had a lot going on in her life and Im sure training took a back seat to the baby. She didnt look in great shape and just crashed. Also life altering events can change athletes fire / desire in general. A guy for the steelers just retired this year leaving like 8 million on the table and he was only 29. His brother was killed in a car wreck and he missed all of last season due to that and a knee injury. Several years ago a 2 time stanley cup winning goalie for the Penguins lost his father and he was never able to regain form after that. Then you have guys like Brett Favre who played right after a family death and had incredible performances. Peoples priorities just shift over time for various reasons. We will find out where Amanda's heart is at w/ this upcoming fight. Win or lose I expect it to be much more competitive. I will be pulling for Pena again I just like her personality better.

Back