Media Gillespie runs 6 miles in 30 minutes???!

Not impressive, I can run 6 centimeters in 30 minutes. same thing <Moves>

Honestly, even if the guy is on the best supplements that exist, this is not plausible i think. I mean, as many have already pointed out, that is elite-pace for runners already, and they've got way less muscle on them than Gillespie.
Until the late 1930's that would've been damn close to the world records for 10k (10km = 6.2 miles).

Timestamp: 5:13

Yves Edwards on Rogan's podcast.. Somehow the conversation transitioned to Gregory Gillespie's conditioning and Edwards says Gregor runs 5 minute miles and will run 6 miles in a row...

That's fucking retarded cardio!!!
Can any of you confirm?

that's literally twice as fast as I run... :oops:

So he can either run a 5 minute mile OR 6 miles in a row

Not 6 miles at a 5 min per mile pace

If that were the case, not sure why anyone would brag about that. Your average person who runs daily can get close to that.

I found something and i guess that clarifies stuff (maybe):

so... this is 47:24 for 7 miles (11.264km) if i'm not mistaken.

EDIT: That'd equate to just below 41mins. for a 10K run - which is really athletic, but not nearly elite-running. Therefore, it seems like a reasonable time.

Last edited:

sounds like he ran 7 miles averaging 6:48 per mile. that's more like it.

sounds like he ran 7 miles averaging 6:48 per mile. that's more like it.
That's what i said/meant, i was just counting the times for each mile together.. and that's 47mins. and 24 secs. for a distance of 7 miles.
Or did you mean he ran them in intervalls?

Gillepsie beat Yancy nearly a year ago in his last fight and doesn't have another fight slated. Are we blowing him this hard so early? Unless their footage of this epic run somebody is telling tall tales.

How fast is that?
World class?
College level?
Good for a non-runner?

I’m curious.

So he can either run a 5 minute mile OR 6 miles in a row

Not 6 miles at a 5 min per mile pace

He has to be doing single miles at 5min with a rest period between. Doing this 6x over.

I seriously seriously doubt he can keep that pace for 6mi w/o stopping once, if he does please confirm so I can bow down from waaay over here

A 5 min mile pace would put him around 31mins for the 10k.
when I was big into running my PB was 37mins.
Lets say his first his first 2 miles are 5min pace, then he drops 10secs in his next 2 splits and 15secs in his last 2. That would put him around 32mins for a 10k.

That would make him a hell of a runner, but not impossible for a professional athlete

Except even elite level runners can barely do this.
Let me guess Gillespie has a 50 inch vertical too

That’s close to the world record for women’s 10 KM (6.21 miles) so I’m going to say it’s more than slightly exaggerated.

That's not only ridiculous cardio, that's Olympic pace or better.. I'd definitely need to see some proof.lol Not saying he can't do that, but it would be insane for an MMA fighter to maintain a good amount of bulk and accomplish that.

Yeah, the 10K (6.2mi) World record is a little over 26min and the Olympic record is a whole minute SLOWER (big gap) at just over 27min. Not only is this a lie, this is a blatantly ignorant statement.

How fast is that?
World class?
College level?
Good for a non-runner?

I’m curious.
It's a 10K pace of between 40-41 minutes. Certainly very athletic, but rather far from elite-level running. Just a really good time for an athlete who does have some muscle, but isn't a freak (so an mma-fighter who's not named Romero or Costa).

5 months after a surgery, Tony Ferguson ran the following time:

That's a 5K time of 20-21minutes.. so it's slightly worse than the one of Gillespie, but as i said, it was 5 months after Tony's surgery.

EDIT: I'd say that most pro soccer players in the better leagues have a 10K time of 35-40mins. and a 5k time of 15-18 minutes. (And soccer players are in terms of cardio pretty much the best non-running athletes.)

How fast is that?
World class?
College level?
Good for a non-runner?

I’m curious.
42mins for a 10k is ok for a club runner, nothing mind blowing but not too shabby. If he hasn't been running like he said, and he wasn't pushing for a time, he could probably cut a anywhere from 2-5mins of that pretty easily. Depends if he's running a track though too. He could be on a machine in which case it's all bullshit numbers anyway

Last edited:
36iB5lW.jpg

Jesus Christ. I picked up running a few months ago. It's fucking hard lol. I can run ONE mile in a little under 10 mins and I feel like I'm about to die after that. I have newfound respect for runners. Shit is brutal.

Back