Giving 2 week notice, then slacking off.

Where have you worked that was so positive? If I quit a job I have a damn good reason to hell with the business. My power is in my showing up damn if i will give you 2 weeks and train my replacement.
The 2 week notice is shame tactic. Never I say Never.
You sound like the type of person that never should have been hired in the first place. The employer should have done a better job of filtering you out.

Give your two week notice and then fill the break room with uppercuts.

You’re welcome.

L
You sound like the type of person that never should have been hired in the first place. The employer should have done a better job of filtering you out.
Probably but as is, always employed and ready to bounce without notice.
1ac066790a1d728b5d76435b2aea1239.jpg

I don't care about the 2 week notice thing . I hate vacations you have to deal with the days before vacation, then the vacation then you have the days after they come back

I see so many employees that give their 2-week notice and then proceed to slack off for 2 weeks because "fuck it, I'm leaving anyway."

But this is a bad decision.

Think about it. The entire reason why you gave 2 weeks was so you would be leaving on good terms and not burning bridges. You never know where life takes you and it's possible that you may need to apply at your old job again someday.

But by slacking off during your final weeks you are leaving them with their most recent memory of you being one of laziness. This will lower your chances of being rehired there if you ever need to be.

If you don't care about burning bridges and you're 100% certain you'll never return to that company, then just quit and walk out. No need to give 2 week notice.

But it makes no sense to give a 2 week notice then then burn your bridge anyway by being lazy.

Only given notice handful of times and its 1 week max that I let them know.

Actually thinking of switching soon and I will do a 1 week this time too because manager is an asshole. Only doing 1 week notice as a courtesy to coworkers that been cool with me dont wanna overload them with work.

My last day is already planned out,

1)Buy two bottles of champagne.

2)Kick the door in of the manager's office while they are having their daily circle jerk - sorry, meeting - and spray them with the first bottle of champagne.

3)Walk to the front of the store, grab the PA and go Full Kurgan,

"I have something to say: it's better to burn out, than to fade away!"

4)Walk out the door backwards, giving the finger to my former colleagues and customers with one hand, while chugging the second bottle of champagne with the other.

<GinJuice>

Back