Glory 22 Lille [5th June in France]

Did you see Kiria's post?

Last edited:
It's sooo nice to see a well designed card from Glory. Outside of Adegbuyi not having been on a Glory main card there is little to criticize.

Happening in France, have French fighters. Near the Belgian border, have Belgians. Many/most Belgians also speak French so that doesn't hurt.

Mwekassa speaks French I'm pretty sure. Jauncey maybe too?

France has a quite a few Moroccans, have a Moroccan guy fight a French guy.

Americans on the card but not being overly pushed.

So,glory finally uploaded the fights from glory 19.

For who already dont see it: Jauncey vs Max Baumert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMY2O-cqRaA

Josh Jauncey need to take care with Niclas Larsen Hands in this 4 man tournament,Larsen is much more heavy handed than Baumert and have a better boxing work,especially his crazy hooks.

If he open his guard and show his chin on this way when he is trading punches on the final of the round two against Baument,Larsen will be able to knock him out.

:icon_chee

lol :icon_lol:

I really like Davit Kiria,he and Sitthichai are my favorite kickboxers of this LW division era,is a badass matchup.

I really dont care with who will win,just happy to see this epic matchup.

Sittichai is going to return the favor for kem with a sneaky headkick of his own on kiria

I'll be rooting for kiria but I think sittichai will avenge the sitsongpeenong family name. kemayo and ben saddik is a mismatch and a half tbh.

I actually like freddy kemayo vs ben saddik as I think Kemayo's speed will give saddik fits

Does he think Sitthichai is Kem's actual brother, or is he just saying they are brothers as in teammates?

If he thinks they are real brothers someone should tell him that a third brother (Thongchai) exists and is ready to challenge if he wins. Lol

Does he think Sitthichai is Kem's actual brother, or is he just saying they are brothers as in teammates?

If he thinks they are real brothers someone should tell him that a third brother (Thongchai) exists and is ready to challenge if he wins. Lol
And maybe Rolex in a few years :icon_twis

So,glory finally uploaded the fights from glory 19.

For who already dont see it: Jauncey vs Max Baumert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMY2O-cqRaA

Josh Jauncey need to take care with Niclas Larsen Hands in this 4 man tournament,Larsen is much more heavy handed than Baumert and have a better boxing work,especially his crazy hooks.

If he open his guard and show his chin on this way when he is trading punches on the final of the round two against Baument,Larsen will be able to knock him out.
Larsen is still young and has a lot of room for development, but he'll be a challenge for Josh (and for many people) even at this point because of his chin, power and unpredictability.

Larsen is still young and has a lot of room for development, but he'll be a challenge for Josh (and for many people) even at this point because of his chin, power and unpredictability.

Jauncey is so old though, so much experience ... they're both very young and i would dare say jauncey has less experience. But we shall see what happens.

probably thinks real brothers..

i dont know actually, now that i think about it. But he's from georgia and a karate guy so maybe he doesnt follow the thai scene too closely and know how it all works with gym names and shit ?

For sure mate,i dont see Larsen falling down to Jauncey,the way to Jauncey defeat him is fighting smart and very careful with his hooks.

He probably thinks real brothers. most commentators don't even know how it works with the gym names and the thai scene is surprisingly unknown to most fighters.

I remember a Souwer interview where he didn't know Kem or the Sitsongpeenong gym before their upcoming fight at S-Cup.

A loooooot of fighters aren't really (spectator) fans of the sport.

A loooooot of fighters aren't really (spectator) fans of the sport.
Kiria probably only follows Kickboxing and Karate and doesn't give a damn about fights in Thailand lol

But generally yeah, many of my training partners who are fighting often barely know anyone besides Buakaw, kinda' embarrassing actually (I don't know if for me, who digs out every piece of info on the sport and had just like 3 fights, or for them, that pretty much do the realest thing this sport can offer, but are uneducated to the max lol) :(

Last edited:
He probably thinks real brothers. most commentators don't even know how it works with the gym names and the thai scene is surprisingly unknown to most fighters.

Interesting. Incidentally, the whole gym name as fighter name thing is sorta catching on in Japan (e.g. Yamato Tetsuya).

Glory gets shit on a lot these days, but they've really hit it out of the park in setting up these matchups. I'm looking forward to Kiria vs Sittichai especially. 70kg division has always been stacked and its about time things get moving there.

he should have some clue how the gym names work over there as he has fought in thailand against somrak in a mt fight

I'm a bit (just a little bit) disappointed that Filip Verlinden moved back to LHW, he looked great physically at 84 kg. Although, he was always fast and in shape (despite his average weekend warrior physique), so I hope for the best from him in this event :)

Back