GLORY 76: BADR Hari vs. BENNY Adegbuyi [Dec. 19, play-by-play]

Not so unbelievable Badr quit again. Benny was hurt big in the end of the second so kudos to him for surviving. I'm just curious does Badr really have over 100 wins or is this Kickboxing mythology.?
Yeah Badr never handled it very well when the fight became difficult for him but this last few years he has just been unwilling to face any real level of adversity. Honestly he looks just as skilled and physically fit as he ever has he just doesn’t have it with in him self to dig deep and win difficult fights anymore. He should never have been in there against a dangerous top fighter like Benny if he wasn’t willing to take any real punishment. It was never going to be an easy fight he should have expected and been ready for a war against Benny.

I have paid for the card and I think it was a very good one. Man, Badr did not looked good in this one. He gave me the impression that he was not focused enough. He did win the first round by a majority and the second round but in the third he really looked beaten. He seems that he is not taking well the injuries at all. Moreover, it was a 9 kg difference between the two. That`s a lot. I could say that Benny was more prepared physically. Amazing fight! Huge congratulations for Adegbuy.

As for Badr, he left the ring alone not even waiting Big Mike and his team. As he lost the last 3 fights in a row, I don`t know what will be the outcome after this. If I know well, he has a 6 fight contract with Glory and only 3 of them were fought. Sincerely, It will not come as a surprise if he would announce his retirement. This would not be good news for Glory since Badr is like a cash-cow for the organisation.

I have paid for the card and I think it was a very good one. Man, Badr did not looked good in this one. He gave me the impression that he was not focused enough. He did win the first round by a majority and the second round but in the third he really looked beaten. He seems that he is not taking well the injuries at all. Moreover, it was a 9 kg difference between the two. That`s a lot. I could say that Benny was more prepared physically. Amazing fight! Huge congratulations for Adegbuy.

As for Badr, he left the ring alone not even waiting Big Mike and his team. As he lost the last 3 fights in a row, I don`t know what will be the outcome after this. If I know well, he has a 6 fight contract with Glory and only 3 of them were fought. Sincerely, It will not come as a surprise if he would announce his retirement. This would not be good news for Glory since Badr is like a cash-cow for the organisation.
I think if Badr keeps fighting it’s just for the money.

Glory need to stop wasting money on Badr when he cant complete 3 rounds anymore and push Rigters to the moon

I don’t think age is his problem.
For his style of fighting and the wars he is been into, it can be taken into consideration. I don't blame mainly his age, but keep in mind that his first fight in K1 was in 05.. Time Flies

It was worth paying $15 to see Badr lose, but I'm afraid a lot of the issues that plagued Glory are still here and the SuperPro rigged tournament by the usual suspects is evidence of that.

Snub, why do you say the tournament was rigged? It should have been Plazibat vs Levi, however Nordine came in and to the surprise of everybody, he eliminated Plazibat. It was not a good night for Mike`s Gym, that`s for sure...

For his style of fighting and the wars he is been into, it can be taken into consideration. I don't blame mainly his age, but keep in mind that his first fight in K1 was in 05.. Time Flies
The biggest reason that Badr lost is because he wasn’t mentally tough enough to bounce back when the fight started to go Benny’s way. I didn’t see any indication that he wasn’t physically capable of continuing. I mean it’s easy for me to sit here and pass judgment but I have seen Badr bounce back from worse.

Last edited:
In the end i didnt wach. Did Badr quit between rounds?

Glory need to stop wasting money on Badr when he cant complete 3 rounds anymore and push Rigters to the moon
Yeah dude, unless Badr has some come to Jesus moment he doesn’t have it in him to be a title level fighter. It’s time to build some new charismatic stars.

In the end i didnt wach. Did Badr quit between rounds?
No dude Benny caught Badr with an uppercut that dropped him and broke his nose. Badr more or less flopped back down on the canvas and didn’t get back up. He looked fine besides the nose so he probably just quit again.

Snub, why do you say the tournament was rigged? It should have been Plazibat vs Levi, however Nordine came in and to the surprise of everybody, he eliminated Plazibat. It was not a good night for Mike`s Gym, that`s for sure...
Rigters was matched up with a punching bag for the first round by the match maker of Glory that also works for Rigters' manager at SuperPro. Nordine vs Plazibat was an even tough fight that Nordine clearly won based on the cards, yet they called it a draw and sent Nordine into another extra round of hard fighting even though it's mathematically impossible.

Rigters was matched up with a punching bag for the first round by the match maker of Glory that also works for Rigters' manager at SuperPro. Nordine vs Plazibat was an even tough fight that Nordine clearly won based on the cards, yet they called it a draw and sent Nordine into another extra round of hard fighting even though it's mathematically impossible.
Ouch, I didn’t know that. That is certainly not a great look.

So what does this mean? Badr has the 2nd weakest heart in kickboxing after Bob Sapp?

Ah, I see now. That sucks. It seems that they want to artificially push Rigters to the top (as they have done it with Rico). I don`t like the guy, I have seen some of his fights...However, he is still young, he is certainly talented, who knows what will become of him. After all, Rico became champion in a similar manner.

Guys do you have some information about the PPV numbers? Was it a financial success or a failure for Glory?

Back