PBP GLORY 88: Badr Hari vs James McSweeney, Sat Sept. 9 at 2pm ET/11am PT, PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
Hmmm fair enough. Sounds like you've had a really good time hahaa. I agree about the financial disaster Glory don't have that financial muscle. I also don't think Badr got paid( not that he needs the money). However, I reckon Mcsweeneyt got paid for show money at least.
Yeah I hope McSweeney got paid, he absolutely deserves to

Scott Rudmann handed out two bonuses for this event:

"Congratulations to the bout winners of GLORY 88 and thank you to all the fans in Paris. Tiffany van Soest for your insane retirement performance we award FIGHT OF THE NIGHT. Nordine Mahieddine’s tremendous right kick - KO OF THE NIGHT, each fighter to receive $10,000."

"Congratulations to the bout winners of GLORY 88 and thank you to all the fans in Paris. Tiffany van Soest for your insane retirement performance we award FIGHT OF THE NIGHT. Nordine Mahieddine’s tremendous right kick - KO OF THE NIGHT, each fighter to receive $10,000."
Thats a good retirement gift (deserved either way)

Out of curiosity, do we know the fighters purses in Glory in general?

Out of curiosity, do we know the fighters purses in Glory in general?

I remember Thai managers being pretty open about it, Sitthichai was getting 30K per defense and Petch about 12K before he was champ. A title chellenger might get 20. High ranked fighters about 10-15. Lower ranked less than 10 is my guess for the non star fighter at least pre covid. There is important differences in the contracts based on popularity, can't put everybody in the same basket. Rico and Badr obviously get more. Overeem got a 250K signature bonus last year.

Also, for the non-Dutch and Arabic speaking Sherdoggers, here’s a video with English subtitles of Badr Hari’s speech:

didn't know that psychopath was even capable of feeling empathy towards others.

Back