Glory Champions

Promus

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Is there actually division champions in Glory? I know the guys who won the tournaments get a belt but so they defend that belt? All of them have fought and if that was the case then Amrani beat Kubi and he is the featherweight champ, Barrett beat Schilling so he is te middleweight champ, Spong and Verhoeven both defended their titles once, and Ristie and Groenhart just won their belts.

How does it work with glory? Don't you think the champs should defend the belts?

Not really sure how they do it anymore. For example, at HW, we have the TOURNAMENT winner as Verhoeven and the HW CHAMPION as Schilt.

The tournament belt will be put on the line again next year, again in a tournament format.
As for the division champion, a contender should fight him, preferably in a 5 round fight, but since he retired (?) the two best ranked will probably fight for that belt.

As for the other weight categories, i have no idea if they even had any fights yet to determine their respective champions.

Is that on Wikipedia confirmed by Glory. I haven't seen that these guys are the actual champs anywhere and even in the glory rankings they just have a belt next to their name and it says tournament winner. I doubt anyone at glory updates that wiki page so I doubt that is official.

I hope they start doing title fights soon aside from tourney.

Is that on Wikipedia confirmed by Glory. I haven't seen that these guys are the actual champs anywhere and even in the glory rankings they just have a belt next to their name and it says tournament winner. I doubt anyone at glory updates that wiki page so I doubt that is official.

I hope they start doing title fights soon aside from tourney.
No it isn't confermed by Glory. The tournament winners are just the world champions of that tournament, they are not setup to award a divisional champion. The only divisional champion to date has been Sem Schillit when he ko'd Zimmeran for the title. Supposedly on the next card there will be a WW title match as well as a MM contender tournament.
Source- http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/events/view/139, I imagine Holzken vs a top contender Marc de Bonte, Ouzgni or mabe even Kyshenko

On the Glory site it says that Holzken is fighting De Bonte. It also says that Glory 14 will have a Welterweight title match so I guess they will crown their 2nd non tournament actual champion?

On the Glory site it says that Holzken is fighting De Bonte. It also says that Glory 14 will have a Welterweight title match so I guess they will crown their 2nd non tournament actual champion?

Holzken Should fight Aussie cause he lost against aussie twice!
Nieky must avenge this!

Back