News GLORY heavyweight Grand Prix is moved to 2024, GLORY 90 to take place on December 23 instead

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Per the GLORY 89 broadcast.

There will be a heavyweight qualifier on this card aswell

Last edited:
Per the GLORY 89 broadcast.

There will be a heavyweight qualifier on this card
I thought the tournament was supposed to be at the end of December? did it get moved as it seems strange to have a qualifier for a tournament that should only be 1 or 2 weeks away at most

I thought the tournament was supposed to be at the end of December? did it get moved as it seems strange to have a qualifier for a tournament that should only be 1 or 2 weeks away at most
It pretty much has to be moved they currently don’t have enough qualified for the tournament. They should stick the winner of Rico vs Osoro in there.
Sofian, uku, bahram and Levi are set for the tournament.
Unless they start doing 2 qualifiers an event they won’t have enough until next April if they do 1 event a month.

Jup, it’s getting moved to early 2024

It pretty much has to be moved they currently don’t have enough qualified for the tournament. They should stick the winner of Rico vs Osoro in there.
Sofian, uku, bahram and Levi are set for the tournament.
Unless they start doing 2 qualifiers an event they won’t have enough until next April if they do 1 event a month.
Osaro is qualified already and the original plan was to have 3 wildcards. All 8 were never going to come through qualifiers.

Endy Seneleer will also defend his welterweight title at this event, against House of GLORY winner Anwar Ouled-Chaib.
The fight was originally planned for Collision 6 but Anwar sustained an injury, so the fight is pushed back to GLORY 90

Is it really that hard to find fighters?
I mean if Kryklia and azizpour weren't in one those probably would have been good choices.
Maybe the Chinese or Italian guy from the K-1 Final, I mean it should be obvious we would never get a roster of fighters in the tournament like old school K-1 but sometimes those lesser known names might be able to get an upset or be a tough fight that is like the whole appeal no?
I mean Kaoklai knocking out Mighty Mo was quite a crazy event and Kaoklai could barely be called a LHW.

I don't know why it's so hard to get this done properly. K-1 laid the blueprint DECADES ago.

You have a Final 16 event full of HW match-ups, give them some months to recover, then you do the Final 8 at the end of the year. The winner is the winner for that year.

We should know who all of the 16 participants are before the tournament even begins. This gives you time to know the fighters and create a narrative.

This whole thing feels like it's thrown together, like they're making it up as it goes. That really takes away from the prestige and the story telling.

Probably postponed the GP to give Badr enough time to recover and have another qualifier. I wouldn't put it past Glory.

Back