News Glory: Overeem vs Hari III in October

If your right hook is as hard as the one from overeem you dont worry about that knee.

Not saying that the knee isnt harder but overeem knows what he is doing. Pushing Badr on his back leg then going low for the overhand right.

Wont work against a more atlatic fighter as rico. But you dont know his game plan against rico.

Congratz Overeem

2. I was upset with the introduction of Schilt into Glory Hall of Fame. He is not a product of Glory. He had very few fights in Glory and that was a long long time ago.

Schilt was a product of Golden Glory gym. That gym was so big and successful in K-1 like chakuriki or meijiro, Then they ask themselves "all the best k-1 athletes are coming out from our gym, why don't we start our own business?" and cooperate with some organisations and made their own tournament.

Now we recognise it as "Glory".

You can see the double G on their amblem which refer to Golden Glory.

Well, it was a really good card, well organized. Some thoughts:

2. I was upset with the introduction of Schilt into Glory Hall of Fame.

You're upset Schilt got inducted to the Glory Hall of Fame? Are you serious? He is literally the most deserving fighter to be inducted. And like the person above me said, there would have been no Glory Promotion without Golden Glory Gym.

I'm still mad Joe Valtellini got inducted as the very first fighter (you can argue if he should be in the HOF in the first place), they made their Hall of Fame a joke straight from the bat.

Last edited:
Is it me or the commentary was a bit biased. I had Overeem winning all along. I guess first round is close and Badr might've landed cleaner but Overeem was dominating that ring. Then second round I have it Reem clearly on damage. Last round Reem owned.

Reem looked normal and older but Badr entirely didn't look himself anymore. No fast flurries and explosion. Both looked aged. I predict Overeem will feel too good bout the win and fight some contenders or the champ and get knocked out. Badr can maybe do 2 retirement fights against easier comp. His time is over.

In their prime they both were unbelievable.

Is it me or the commentary was a bit biased. I had Overeem winning all along. I guess first round is close and Badr might've landed cleaner but Overeem was dominating that ring. Then second round I have it Reem clearly on damage. Last round Reem owned.
How? Badr was clearly winning that fight and rocked Alistair more than once, it's just that he was unwilling to go for the kill, and for good reason. He has lost any and all of the durability he had, which was never much to speak of any way.

Ironically had he been half this defensive during the rest of his career he would have been much accomplished, and would probably still be a top heavyweight.

My favourite fights:

- Tarek vs Maslobojev was a barn burner!

- Tyjani Beztati vs Stoyan Koprivlenski, I enjoyed it so much! But LW needs new blood in the division.

- Petch was fun to watch as always, but he barely got out of 3rd gear compared to when he fought Kento Haraguchi.

I'm starting to like Glory again. It looks like they're starting to listen to our feedback about making sure they have regular events on( introducing Rivals series was a good idea!) as opposed to a Glory event every quarter or so.

Next thing they should do:

- add some new blood to Featherweight and lightweight division.

- Please don't book Overeem vs Rico. I want Rico to fight serious contenders like Plazibat.

On the whole, after years on the decline, Glory are finally making some adjustments.

Last edited:
How? Badr was clearly winning that fight and rocked Alistair more than once, it's just that he was unwilling to go for the kill, and for good reason. He has lost any and all of the durability he had, which was never much to speak of any way.

Ironically had he been half this defensive during the rest of his career he would have been much accomplished, and would probably still be a top heavyweight.

I watched the shity YouTube video where you don't even see their leg kicks land

I watched the shity YouTube video where you don't even see their leg kicks land
Gotcha. I saw it on ppv, Badr looked really effective and controlled the first 2 rounds. But was more timid than I had ever seen him. Overeem seemed to really struggle up until he made the third round a telephone booth fight. Once he was able to start landing flush on Badr the fight was over.

Gotcha. I saw it on ppv, Badr looked really effective and controlled the first 2 rounds. But was more timid than I had ever seen him. Overeem seemed to really struggle up until he made the third round a telephone booth fight. Once he was able to start landing flush on Badr the fight was over.

Yeah Badr probably landed the clean shots that I barely was able to see. I seen him be like you said the most timid he's ever been. Overeem kept tanking forward.

Reactions: H2F
Good retirement fight for Badr, true just bleed legend of the game. He looked really sharp those first 2 rounds but in the end it didn't matter.

Ending was a fun set up for an Overeeem title shot, but I don't give him much of a chance against Rico.

Good retirement fight for Badr, true just bleed legend of the game. He looked really sharp those first 2 rounds but in the end it didn't matter.

Ending was a fun set up for an Overeeem title shot, but I don't give him much of a chance against Rico.
They need to think of something for Rico in the mean time. Once he gets past Overeem is he going to fight Jamal for like the 4th time or whatever? They're in quite a bind.

You're upset Schilt got inducted to the Glory Hall of Fame? Are you serious? He is literally the most deserving fighter to be inducted. And like the person above me said, there would have been no Glory Promotion without Golden Glory Gym.

I am not mad, just disappointed. It seemed to me that Glory is trying to concentrate on fighters who became famous within Glory which after more than 10 years of ongoing activity should be a logical step. After inducting Valtellini, it seemed that this was obvious. However, it was not. I highlight once again that I consider Schilt as one of the best kickboxers of all time, that is not the issue here. In my view, the problem is that Glory should have focused on fighters raised by them. The "old" legends fought very briefly in Glory and by then they were way past of their prime... so while they are kickboxing legends, they are definitely not Glory legends. I was expecting the induction of Robin van Roosmalen to be honest.

After more than 10 years Glory cannot find a single fighter who started and ended his career within the organization?
Well they did, BAZOOKA JOE, which they wouldn't shut up about. We got a full on highlight reel of Joe for some reason right before they announced Semmy as the "winner" of HOF, with cringe mic failuires during the anouncement. That whole segment was just bad, and the gushing over Joe in the broadcast made me want to throw up. I thought Todd Grisham was going to get down on his knees at one point.

Fuck Badr forever. Loved seeing him go out looking awful.
Part of me will always be a fan of Badr, but he has been a repugnant presence that makes Mike Tyson look like a Saint by comparison. He is an enigma, wins over most of the best and an impressive list of accomplishments. All of which are overshadowed by his psycotic blunders.

In true Badr fashion he found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there at the end. I will always remember him as the greatest waste of talent that I have ever seen.

Well they did, BAZOOKA JOE, which they wouldn't shut up about. We got a full on highlight reel of Joe for some reason right before they announced Semmy as the "winner" of HOF, with cringe mic failuires during the anouncement. That whole segment was just bad, and the gushing over Joe in the broadcast made me want to throw up. I thought Todd Grisham was going to get down on his knees at one point.
Joe was good, and is a likeable guy but is an unpolished analyst. He's not bad, but he doesn't gel with Grisham who can be abrasive in my opinion.

Regarding the hall of fame, Sem should have been the first inducte. Robin, Artem Levin, Ghita, Spong, and De Bonte are just as if not more deserving than Joe.

Back