Media Glover gonna pull off the upset on Jan (EDIT: with betslip)

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don’t even think Jan is that much better than Glover to be honest.

I don’t even rate Jan’s “polish power” I think it’s over exaggerated. He’s even got more decisions than KO’s. Glover is not out of his depth if the fight stays on the feet. Maybe at range Jan’s got those body kicks.

I think uncle Glover pulls this off as a 3:1 dog and captures the belt. Glover is really good everywhere and especially if he gets on top. He’s got one of the best snatch single legs of all MMA to get it down. I don’t think Jan spends too much time on top of Glover if it gets there but if Glover was on top I think I’ve seen Jan play guard at times.

Gimme old man Glover man FTW

5ebcfe295f726e4a9a53bcf3

EDIT: I also posted the $300 bet slip earlier in the thread

9E8A2AD9-BE51-4933-BE1A-7D9DE5C2A564.jpeg
27c89165-319f-4d39-bec5-742ae656b628-jpeg.887229

6ed0a63c-860f-4928-b8de-89295e52137e-jpeg.887230
643320be-5c6b-4bb3-b41f-45594da6c2c6-jpeg.887231

Last edited:
I could see either guy winning via ground n pound , will be a test to see who’s top game is better. I think there will be some mad scrambles on the ground.

I love Glover. The dude is as cool as they come. Hard worker and all heart. I want him to be champ.

But I dont see it. And if it happens, the LHW will be a total joke. BUT... it would be worth it.

Left hook or high kick will catch Glover and hurt him.
He could retire at his age. With the weak top15 he could make a few more fights though.

Jan is an infinitely better striker than Glover. Glover's only chance is to get the fight to the ground. Which could happen. But he's not some great TD artist. His TD's lately have come from opponents making mistakes like Santos trying to finish him with GnP only to get swept or Smith gassing himself out with volume striking. This is Jan's fight to lose.

Last edited:
Glover's got a solid chance, but I'm rooting for Jan

I like Glover but let's not forget about his last 2 wins:

Beating Smith: Smith had PTSD from the home invader, forced himself into training camp
Beating Santos: First fight back from having his legs blown out

Compared that to Blachowicz strength of schedule: Adesanya, Reyes, Anderson etc... night and day. I think Jan is gonna be too much of a challenge over 5 rounds for Glover to overcome.

Glover's only shot is if he gets top position since Jan is horrific off his back and getting back to his feet

I don’t think so. In 2021, Jan will hold a massive advantage standing because Glover is far too slow and chinny. Jan needs to use composure and range to pick his shots. No wild scrambles or sloppy footwork allowing him to get taken down. That’s where Glover can definitely win.

having said that, I’ll pull for Glover to get it done. Not impossible.

If glover doesn’t get caught with a hard shot early he has a chance if he gets top position

but his slow af and I expect jan to catch him

I don’t even think Jan is that much better than Glover to be honest.

I don’t even rate Jan’s “polish power” I think it’s over exaggerated. He’s even got more decisions than KO’s. Glover is not out of his depth if the fight stays on the feet. Maybe at range Jan’s got those body kicks.

I think uncle Glover pulls this off as a 3:1 dog and captures the belt. Glover is really good everywhere and especially if he gets on top. He’s got one of the best snatch single legs of all MMA to get it down. I don’t think Jan spends too much time on top of Glover if it gets there but if Glover was on top I think I’ve seen Jan play guard at times.

Gimme old man Glover man FTW

5ebcfe295f726e4a9a53bcf3
Texeira could do it... but i gotta point that the only thing that is not over exaggerated is Jans power, everything else is. He literally puts people to sleep when he connects, plain and simple.

Glover is a much better wrestler and grappler than Jan, which has been Jan’s weak point at times.

I could see Glover getting dropped at some point and grabbing a panic takedown after Jan tries to swarm with strikes, where Glover dominates Jan on the ground. Not sure if he’d get the finish though.

Back