Glover vs Jones II

Glover was so slow that Jones was clowning him like Roy Jones Jr. in their fight. That was five years ago.

It would be totally non-competitive. I wouldn't even give Glover a puncher's chance because Jones actually took a few hard shots from him without issue.

Glover has found his niche of beating up the many extremely flawed younger fighters in the division. Let him do that until he retires.

Could get interesting if the ref immediately takes points for eye pokes...

I honestly looked right past your disclaimer. I just don't think Glover can beat jones. He's older. his chin is decent but wasn't that great when johnson and gus caught him. He also looked wobbled the other day against ion. I just don't think he's the guy. I mean, I think most of us admire glover and his dedication to the sport.

Since that last fight...jones has only got better (even considering doping) and is at the age where he's kind of at the top of the hill. Glover was already on the downslope in the first fight. Now he's even further down

Surviving and looking good aren't the same thing. Glover has one foot out the door. Wouldn't mind him making a nice payday, but he doesn't need another 5 round beating in his life.

Glover's on a $75k/$75k contract rn. With a bonus he's banking $200k to beat up on incomplete up and comers. He'd probably make about $250k to fight Jon, Ai think Glover's alright.

Remember when I made this thread a year and a half ago and all the trolls laughed?

Doesn’t seem so silly now does it?

Yep you're correct Glow-ver vs Jones 2 needs to happen.

Back