jml4life

Boom
@Blue
Reaction score
latest
jason%2520lives.jpg

Nightmare-on-elm-street-dream-warriors-original-plan-freddy-zsa-zsa-gabor-.jpg

elmst3.jpeg

I would say the Nightmare series wins almost across the board on an individual movie to movie basis. But the first four Fridays add up to more than the sum of their parts as the lore builds and Jason evolves.

Dream Warriors. More fun. More exciting. More scary.

But 'Jason Lives' Jason is super badass. May very well be the most badass Jason there is.

Jason Lives and the New Blood are likely my favorite entries in the series. They both took a non-serious, fun approach and it worked.

But 'Jason Lives' Jason is super badass. May very well be the most badass Jason there is.

This is true. Jason Lives is one of the best entries.

While The Final Chapter is technically a good movie it took itself too seriously

Dream Warriors. My favorite movie in the series. Plus a great theme song.

If you had picked any other Jason movie this would have been easy for Dream Warriors. Jason Lives is fucking awesome though.....

Both super entertaining entries and easily two of the best in their franchises. For me only part 1 and New Nightmare beat Dream Warriors in the ANOES franchise, and for Friday the 13th I'd put part 1 ahead of Jason Lives and part II a little ahead.
I prefer Jason Lives by a little myself, but I just enjoy the Friday the 13th franchise a bit more. Dream Warriors has a better story, Jason Lives has the better comedic elements and that unique direction, similarly good characters in both films, but I just like Jason more than Freddy.

Jason Lives and the New Blood are likely my favorite entries in the series. They both took a non-serious, fun approach and it worked.

Do you mean New Beginning (part V)?; because New Blood is nothing like Jason Lives and had a fairly normal late 80's slasher tone, but New Beginning definitely had a campy tone (save for the Tommy scenes).

Last edited:
if we are talking movie vs movie
I'm going Jason lives by a very narrow margin
love both movies

otherwise though I've thought for a while that Friday missed out on that premise. a group of survivor teens/counselors who know what he is and are out looking to take the fight to him. ala dream warriors and freddy

Jason X is the best Jason movie imo, just pure entertainment

I would say the Nightmare series wins almost across the board on an individual movie to movie basis. But the first four Fridays add up to more than the sum of their parts as the lore builds and Jason evolves.
This sums it up pretty well. But, Jason Voorhees is still my favorite slasher. I was rooting for him in Freddy vs Jason

I’ll give it to Dream Warriors

Jason Lives was the first horror movie I watched as a kid. Probably my favorite in the series but Freddy was on another level in Part 3

This sums it up pretty well. But, Jason Voorhees is still my favorite slasher. I was rooting for him in Freddy vs Jason

Yeah it's like over the first four movies Jason / the Voorhees family is gearing up like an evil Rambo or Commando.

arnold-schwarzenegger-commando.gif

Last edited:
Dream Warriors with ease.

I always thought the Nightmare franchise was a level above the Fridays.

Interesting how Jason took off as a horror icon despite the Friday the 13th series not even having one good movie. Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Child's Play, all had at least one legitimately good movie.

Not even the best movies if their respective franchises.

If you don't have the F13 3D DVD with the 3D glasses you know nothing.

Interesting how Jason took off as a horror icon despite the Friday the 13th series not even having one good movie. Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Child's Play, all had at least one legitimately good movie.

I consider Jason Lives, New Blood, and Final Chapter all to be good movies for entertainment. Anyone with a pulse probably would.

Odd for a person to claim there to be no good Jason movies then mention Scream and Child's Play

I consider Jason Lives, New Blood, and Final Chapter all to be good movies for entertainment. Anyone with a pulse probably would.

Odd for a person to claim there to be no good Jason movies then mention Scream and Child's Play

Lol the OG Scream has higher audience and critic scores than literally anything that has come out of the Jason franchise. We go into these things knowing they are low budget D movies with bad acting and cheap effects. There's a difference between watchable and good.

Dream Warriors simply for the fact that the guys in Dokken spent that whole video shoot using Freddy's glove to do lines of blow.

Back