GOAT Tier fighters that no one will remember

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is an interesting category of fighters. Guys that had GOAT level skills and GOAT level runs but are already starting to not even be discussed in the legends tier. It really shows how important it is to accomplish these feats in the UFC.

Two that come to my mind are Miguel Torres and Renan Barao.

phillip miller
lw frank edgar
juanito rampage

Then they are not really GOATs. Just because you are good and have a few good streaks does not make you a GOAT. Sherdog made GOAT as irrelevant as a interim belt.

Had Barao retired and not fought TJ, he’d be a LEGEND!

In b4 bannable edgelord says Emelianenko Fyodor

Before I'd finished reading your thread I was thinking Miguel Torres too.

I remember being shocked at how his career went despite being young in the mma fan world at the time.

Anderson Silva
Chuck Liddell
BJ Penn

Both formerly considered to be GOATs of their divisions in their primes, but should have retired years ago and now are ruining their legacy by ending/ended their careers with horrible losing streaks.

And I freaking love Chuck Liddell, but it gives me no pleasure typing any of the above.

Ruas idk if he fits criteria
Sherk

Agree with Torres he was obviously BW goat before Cruz.

GSP and Jon Jones.
They might be remembered, but only for the shady shit that encircled their careers not what they did inside the cage.
Lol, sure.

What "shady shit" are you referring to about GSP BTW?
Grease Gate is the only thing I can think of and hardly anyone cares to much about that.

jake shields easily the second best WW of all time but no one talks about him

It hasn't even been a year and I feel like most people have already forgotten about mighty mouse

Before I'd finished reading your thread I was thinking Miguel Torres too.

I remember being shocked at how his career went despite being young in the mma fan world at the time.
Dude was a STUD, then got jobbed by the UFC after arguably beating Mighty Mouse.
Could have been an amazing Mexican demographic star for the UFC if the WEC and the lower weights had any respect before 2012.

that dude that doesnt know how to kick properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back