Movies GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE (New Trailer, post #108)

He has an ice monster named Shimu under his control that dwarfs even Godzilla. But you didn't hear that from me.
This article confirms Shimu will be in the film

This Shimu thing feels like they’re copying How to Train Your Dragon 2, where there was the super dragon with ice breath:

be0148fc4459ccbf2f3341113ea1b301.jpg

After minus 1. Not certain how I would ever like this version.

That thing is supposed to be more difficult to defeat than King Ghidorah?
<36>

Considering the quadrupedal design, the fact red ape seems to control it and he swing that giant spine whip...

Guess they may combine the two making red ape ride it like some sort of "knight", making it run around shooting ice beam shit and swinging the whip.

giphy.gif

Considering this combined with the fact it have likely best brain and better team work, it can even result as decent final boss

Cool concept is they may show zilla and kong not cooperate and getting beaten up at first because pride and shit, then accept to team work too like in the first vs the robot

Fuck this looks so corny, the more that comes out the cheesier it gets (not in a good way either).
The only human worth a damn is the kid, Pacific Rim is the perfect type of bad/cheesy Kaiju movie and this is way more like the second one that was just bad.
To be fair you can count on one hand the number of actual serious Godzilla films in this long running franchise. Just think of this as showa era with a gigantic budget

Pretty sad how CGI in the first Transformers movie 17 years ago looks better than these recent films.

I thought maybe I was just imagining it or remembering through nostalgia goggles. Nope, it really does look better.

To be fair you can count on one hand the number of actual serious Godzilla films in this long running franchise. Just think of this as showa era with a gigantic budget
I get that, I really enjoy loads of corny movies. I have no problem with that, it’s when it just becomes bad I have an issue. I keep coming back to Pacific Rim, I have rewatched that movie so many times and love it. Every time I try and rewatch GvK or KOM I end up fast forwarding the non-Kaiju parts because they are so bad.
I didn’t mind 2014 Godzilla, their biggest sin was it being a little too dark and killing Bryan Cranston.

I get that, I really enjoy loads of corny movies. I have no problem with that, it’s when it just becomes bad I have an issue. I keep coming back to Pacific Rim, I have rewatched that movie so many times and love it. Every time I try and rewatch GvK or KOM I end up fast forwarding the non-Kaiju parts because they are so bad.
I didn’t mind 2014 Godzilla, their biggest sin was it being a little too dark and killing Bryan Cranston.
Well I’m a fan of the direction they’re going in recently . I feel like Godzilla vs Kong was what people wanted and they’ve been listening. Two major complaints were too many humans and fights aren’t visible. We’re getting more monsters and more daytime fights so I respect them for listening at least.

I expect this to be really dumb , I can't fucking wait

Just got my tickets for imax on Sunday. Kind of funny that the last movies I saw in theaters were minus one and Godzilla vs kong. It’s really the only stuff that gets me out. Only watched one trailer, haven’t seen a single scene with shimu pretty proud of myself since I’m usually pretty weak when it comes to that stuff

Soooo... fan favourite reptilfe and fan favourite Kong vs. bad reptile and bad Kong? I wonder who's going to win?

Pretty groundbreaking stuff right there.

And then in the next installment, bad reptile produces a bigger, stronger male version of the icy komodo dragon and grows as fast as a Xenomorph which comes for revenge against both Kong and Godzilla and kills them leading to the penultimate showdown of little mute girl in a Kaiju avenging them both.

Fuck me why do things always get taken too far.

I like Godzilla, and I like Kong as standalones. The original team up was corny but not awful. But this shit is going to end up on the same path the superhero genre is walking.

Not going to lie, not expecting much at this point. Here's hoping I am wrong.

Just got my tickets for imax on Sunday. Kind of funny that the last movies I saw in theaters were minus one and Godzilla vs kong. It’s really the only stuff that gets me out. Only watched one trailer, haven’t seen a single scene with shimu pretty proud of myself since I’m usually pretty weak when it comes to that stuff

Gotta pay the money for the Big Guy

for those who have seen it, i have only one question—how is Dan Stevens? is he a scene-stealer?

for those who have seen it, i have only one question—how is Dan Stevens? is he a scene-stealer?

He was alright, I really don't know him from anything honestly, as is the case with all the Monsterverse Flicks I don't give a fuck about the Humans , going back to Godzilla 2014 only Bryan Cranston from that and Ken Watanabe in that same movie and Godzilla King of the Monsters were stand out actors.

He was alright, I really don't know him from anything honestly, as is the case with all the Monsterverse Flicks I don't give a fuck about the Humans , going back to Godzilla 2014 only Bryan Cranston from that and Ken Watanabe in that same movie and Godzilla King of the Monsters were stand out actors.
highly recommend The Guest & Legion (the tv series) if you haven’t seen them

Minor Spoiler

I get a fucking Chuckle at how Godzilla feels about Kong , whenever he senses and finds Kong its a fight on scene " Bitch , What do fuck is your big Gorilla Ass doing up in here "

Back