Going in for a vasectomy next week. Any advice?

I got legit saddened by this, bud. I know it's been a long, long time, but you were one of my first buds here, and I hate the thought of this being your fate.

At least you still have one of the best usernames this sight has seen.

Don't do it.
There are a lot of protection methods other than these and IF hormones still are working .....
It isn't good choice IMHO.

There are other methods ....for example to use cond and past .....this even will prolong active episode and also there are so called emergency pills for her IF this shit will fail.
While when you will not force your spouse to take contraception pills on regular basis she will be more comfortable for you in bed and .....IMHO more natural....

There also is stuff that after this procedure some part of " production " will be generated a little and accumulate and this definitely increases risks for your long term health.

Update. So I went in for the vasectomy and it did not go as planned. Apparently I was a sparring partner of Cheick Kongo in the past and forgot but when the doctor cut into me he couldn't get to the vas deferens because apparently I had too much scar tissue in my nut sack from some previous injury. He spent a lot of time trying to get to my left vas deference with no success. After what felt like forever he gave up on trying to get the left side and was gonna try the right but at that point I was feeling woozy from the pressure on my groin and felt like throwing up so we just called it quits.

Still had all the pain of getting a vasectomy but none of the results. He said if I want to get it done now I have to be put under. It's the pain is almost completely gone now though after a week and a half so at least there is that.

Update. So I went in for the vasectomy and it did not go as planned. Apparently I was a sparring partner of Cheick Kongo in the past and forgot but when the doctor cut into me he couldn't get to the vas deferens because apparently I had too much scar tissue in my nut sack from some previous injury. He spent a lot of time trying to get to my left vas deference with no success. After what felt like forever he gave up on trying to get the left side and was gonna try the right but at that point I was feeling woozy from the pressure on my groin and felt like throwing up so we just called it quits.

Still had all the pain of getting a vasectomy but none of the results. He said if I want to get it done now I have to be put under. It's the pain is almost completely gone now though after a week and a half so at least there is that.
That sounds crumby.

I’m going to get clipped this fall.

Ouch. That sucks man.

Are you going to try again or take this as a sign that it's not meant to be?

Ask him not to tie them too tight.

Mine used to wobble to and from but since my vasectomy they do not hang as low as thye used to.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

the medical profession is in denial about how frequent complications occur.

They'll tell you that complications are extremely rare. But in my research I believe they are way more common than they think.

They'll quote you numbers like less than 1% of men have complications. But I think it's much higher. I would guess it's closer to 6-10% but men tend to just live with pain and not make a big deal out of it. So I think it's under reported.

And when they do, their doctor writes it off as temporary, or an anomaly, or the guy's just being a baby, it's all in his head, etc. Because they've had it drilled into their heads that vasectomy is super safe and easy.

At the very least, go visit the reddit forum for post vasectomy pain syndrome and read the stories there. And that's just one of the complications. There are others. I've read stories of men who's lives are drastically changed for the worse after the procedure. Living with constant pain, losing sexual function and/or pleasure, losing relationships/divorce, depression... It's bad.

I'm sure you're going to hear a lot of dudes say they had it done and they were fine, and I don't doubt that. But what if they're part of the 90%, and the other 10% have issues? I wouldn't risk that.

Again, I'm just pulling those numbers out of my ass, but I do strongly believe after everything I've read on the subject that much more than 1% have issues.
One thing that has become abundantly clear to me in recent years is the idea that "trust the doctor he has a degree from some fancy school on his wall" is the mindset of absolute fucking retards.

The entire medical industry is BADLY misguided by propaganda aimed entirely at protecting medical PROFITS.

If you do independent research or even just look into the amount of court cases and insurance payouts, or the extremely high amount of deaths attributed to medical error or malpractice, it for sure ain't the perfect science they portray it to be. It is much more a game of "sell the shit out of these pills before the public learns about the side effects" and "don't publish or fund any research that could negatively affect profit margins."

Medicine is a BUSINESS.

People are gullible to believe it is primarily a healing art when it is WAY first and foremost a PROFIT based industry.

Damn, that really sucks. My procedure hurt too because of the problem with the hematoma in my scrotum from the anesthesia, but at least it worked in the end and I’ve been happily nutting in my wife a few nights a week for the last 3.5 years without any more kids.

Meh, I know a guy who got it undone believe it or not. Go ahead if you really have to. Better that than risk having another kid if you really dont want any more.

One thing that has become abundantly clear to me in recent years is the idea that "trust the doctor he has a degree from some fancy school on his wall" is the mindset of absolute fucking retards.

The entire medical industry is BADLY misguided by propaganda aimed entirely at protecting medical PROFITS.

If you do independent research or even just look into the amount of court cases and insurance payouts, or the extremely high amount of deaths attributed to medical error or malpractice, it for sure ain't the perfect science they portray it to be. It is much more a game of "sell the shit out of these pills before the public learns about the side effects" and "don't publish or fund any research that could negatively affect profit margins."

Medicine is a BUSINESS.

People are gullible to believe it is primarily a healing art when it is WAY first and foremost a PROFIT based industry.
I just want to not have more kids, man.

3 guys at work had it done in the past year. Everyone seems fine they all talk about it and recommend the doctor to each other. Number 4 is going next week to get it done. I don't understand why suddenly so many guys feel they need to do it. I'll pass on unnecessary surgery.

Definitely taking it as a sign. Was unpleasant enough to make me not want it done even under.

does that mean the misses will be getting hers tied instead?

it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience

3 guys at work had it done in the past year. Everyone seems fine they all talk about it and recommend the doctor to each other. Number 4 is going next week to get it done. I don't understand why suddenly so many guys feel they need to do it. I'll pass on unnecessary surgery.

Yea my wife wants me to do it and keeps trying to pressure me into doing it. I wont do it period. It's not necessary. My pull out game is strong AF. Me and my ex were together for 9 years and only had one child. Me and my wife together 11 years and we've had two kids both when we wanted to.

Thank you now I have a story to give me wife next time she bring up me getting one. I'll just tell her I've taken some nut shots in BJJ and I'm not taking the risk. She knows I don't wear a cup so this might be what finally shuts her up.

How old is your wife? She should be dried up soon anyways once her ovaries aren't fertile any more. I'd just keep wrapping it. Surgeries that aren't necessary are a risk I wouldn't take. Not worth the risk honestly.

Back