going to my first ufc event any suggestions?

i was going to go to this event, but im broke as fuck!!

Enjoy! its going to be a good one!

Watch it on a big TV unless you can afford hundreds to sit cage side. No point in going so you can pay to watch it on a TV anyway.

This is completely untrue. I've been to 3 events, and not once have I sat cage side. I'm always in the middle of the arena, and the view is perfect. The arenas aren't huge so even if you're sitting far, you're still close. Dumby

Be prepared to stand your grounds. So many events, you find people in your seats when you get to the arena, and you will likely have to bow up and make them move. The crowds at these events are not too nice and usually end up drunk and rowdy when it's all over, so make sure someone has your back on the way to your car after the show. It's fun, but rough, and you have to be thick skinned to make it.

Also, you will likely be near some drunk ass clowns, yelling dumb shit like "Get a room!" and "Get up, pussies!". You can either deal with it like a puss, or tell them to shut the fuck up. These assholes will keep going if you don't shut them down. The worst is, they keep looking back at everyone behind them to see who's laughing at their antics, like some needy little bitch ass attention whore (which usually nobody is). Just shut them down quickly or expect a long and horrible night in the stands.

That's very alpha of you.

Be prepared to stand your grounds. So many events, you find people in your seats when you get to the arena, and you will likely have to bow up and make them move. The crowds at these events are not too nice and usually end up drunk and rowdy when it's all over, so make sure someone has your back on the way to your car after the show. It's fun, but rough, and you have to be thick skinned to make it.

Also, you will likely be near some drunk ass clowns, yelling dumb shit like "Get a room!" and "Get up, pussies!". You can either deal with it like a puss, or tell them to shut the fuck up. These assholes will keep going if you don't shut them down. The worst is, they keep looking back at everyone behind them to see who's laughing at their antics, like some needy little bitch ass attention whore (which usually nobody is). Just shut them down quickly or expect a long and horrible night in the stands.

this post is really, really awesome

just-bleed-guy.jpg

I always felt that this guy got too much credit. now, if he had tattooed himself with UFC and Just Bleed, that would have been awesome. and, from what I have read, his life hasn't gone very well for him anyway. so it is not like the tattoos would have really made anything that much worse

I went to my first event last fall, and I am completely sold on the ticket-buying advice that I received on this forum: Namely, unless you're spending enough to sit quasi-ringside, the best bang for the buck are the lowest seats that look down into the octagon, such that the cage and padding are not a constant obstruction.

Where I attended the event (Target Center in Minneapolis), these seats were about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up the lower bowl.

The only negative was the booing, which really got to me. Be prepared for it.

I always felt that this guy got too much credit. now, if he had tattooed himself with UFC and Just Bleed, that would have been awesome. and, from what I have read, his life hasn't gone very well for him anyway. so it is not like the tattoos would have really made anything that much worse

just_bleed_03.jpg

If going to an event in the US - turn up for the last two fights, boo when it hits the ground and try not to understand what is going on

If the event is anywhere else, go to all fights, revel in the stand-up and ground game, surround yourself with people that know what is going on and respect both fighters regardless of nationality (this point could vary if going to Brazil and Sonnen is on the card)

Just get really drunk because when you come home you can watch all the fights a second time and be just as excited.

avoid the bathrooms...so much testosterone and just bleed mentality packed into one location can't be good.

You should wear a TapouT shirt, 2 sizes too small, and boo as much as you can, especially when fights hit the ground.
You also need to let the people around you know what you would do in the fighters' situation.

Don't go...unless you can afford to sit close, or you like not watching fights on a low-def big screen and having douche-bags spill beer on you.

Screw that. Not going would lead you to miss out on the perfect opportunity to get completely wrecked and enjoy BEING the douchebag that spills beer all over the uptight jag that sits next to you.

Last edited:
in all seriousness though the events live are awesome. im going tomorrow for my third one im so pumped.

i suggest spending the extra money for good seats far from the nose bleeds. keep your phone or camera handy always. get drunk, but not too drunk. I was blacked out by the time shogun and vera got on. the last thing i remember doing was chanting ASU ASU after bader got ko'd. sun devil debauchery.

but youll love it. great experience and a real treat for any fan to do

Get some chants going.

Any bad stoppages or stand ups "The referees a wanker!" Or "Buuuulshit-buuuuuulshit!"

Any out of shape or gassing fighters "Who ate all the pies?! You fat bastard!"

Any US fighters Vs foreigners "U-S-A"!

I had ringside seats a few years back for a Cage Rage event but a rowdy Tom 'Kong' Watson and his mates were sat in our seats. Fortunately I think they were just in the wrong seats because the seats next to then were free, I didn't want to have to move Pro fighters.

If you meet any fighters throw up the fist pose (they love that shit), If you meet Bendo take his tooth pick and put it in your own mouth, then put it back in his, he has a good sense of humor so he should enjoy this. Smack Frank Mir in the back of the head as hard as you can on his way to the ring, he likes it when fans do shit like that and will probably find you and thank you later for the added motivation. If you get the chance to meet Dana, ask him for tickets to the next event, he is a very gracious and humble man and will probably invite you to sit ringside with his entourage. You'll need either a Tapout or Affliction shirt of your choosing, just make sure it has either A.Angel wings across the shoulders and back or B. A lot of crazy ass tribal designs , so that people know you mean business. Boo everything,when the fight hits the ground, when the ref stands them up, and of course the judges decision (because lets face it, you know 10X more about mma than any of those jerkoffs)If you get the camera on you, some sort of dancing is required,be it riverdance, the harlem shake or a cherokee rain dance, just make it happen. Trash talk everyone, if not they WILL take your kindness as weakness and will probably take your wallet....and your girl. If all that seems a bit much then just paint some random shit on your bare chest and face and scream like hell and hope a camera catches it and makes you a sherdog legend.

have fun.

-Scream out instructions to the fighters; sure to impress your girl and those around you ("don't fuck with that guy he sounds like he knows what he's talking about).

Bring plent of tacos as you'll be hard pressed to find a good taco once at the event.

in all seriousness though the events live are awesome. im going tomorrow for my third one im so pumped.

i suggest spending the extra money for good seats far from the nose bleeds. keep your phone or camera handy always. get drunk, but not too drunk. I was blacked out by the time shogun and vera got on. the last thing i remember doing was chanting ASU ASU after bader got ko'd. sun devil debauchery.

but youll love it. great experience and a real treat for any fan to do

are u a sundevil? i am...plus im going to cain vs bigfo

Back