Going to ufc machida vs rockhold, any tips i should know for my first event?

I am so pumped for this event! I am from Canada, and my wife and i are making our way down to New York next week for our honeymoon, we found out ufc on fox 15 was in newark, and decided to hit up new jersey our last night!

Have fun!

Be prepared to buy expense booze.

I have went to 4 events, and they are always such a blast(at least in my experience), great atmosphere!

This is a great first card to hit up!

Be happy that your first event is at such a great venue like the Prudential Center. You are going to have a blast. I'll be there too, you'll be hooked after this.

This guy is a genius!!

You want a job? You got the job buddy!!!

I did security at concerts in Phoenix for 5-6 years so I know what they are like.

Most of the security guards hired for big events are first timers and really have no clue what they are doing. They show them a packet of "VIP badges" for like 5 seconds before they send them to their post. Most of them see a laminated pass, the words VIP, and your pic and they will let you right on through. Especially if you act like you belong there and you know what you're doing.

There are so many different companies who have workers working together that you could probably make your own security shirt, strap a walkie talkie to your pants and put in a blue tooth ear piece and walk right into the event without anyone saying a word to you.

I see we have a lot of children posting today. I go to quite a few and here are my tips:
1. Buy the UFC receivers/earbuds. They allow you to dial into a certain frequency to hear the fight commentators. I enjoy hearing Joe Rogan broadcast the fight so it makes my experience more enjoyable. I think they were around $16 when I bought mine a few years ago.
2. Bet on each fight. Walking into the event with bets placed on each fight makes it more enjoyable, especially boring fights or fighters you aren't interested in.
3. Blow your smoke into the return air duct if you take a puff in the bathroom. These are typically located above the ADA stall (you will see the grate above the stall).
4. If you are in Vegas, eat breakfast at "Hash House A Go Go" the morning following the fight. You will likely see some of your favorite fighters eating there.

1. Buy the UFC receivers/earbuds. They allow you to dial into a certain frequency to hear the fight commentators. I enjoy hearing Joe Rogan broadcast the fight so it makes my experience more enjoyable. I think they were around $16 when I bought mine a few years ago.

Interesting. I've been to several fights and didn't even know these things existed.

If it ever gets really quiet in the arena scream out something obnoxious like "unicorn penis" so we know its you.

Make sure that you boo if the fight ever goes to the ground for longer than 10 seconds

At least watch the first fight sober. Oh and have a great time, stellar card.

Universally applicable to all forms of spectator entertainment.

Years ago I went to see my nephew in Much Ado about Nothing and I snuck in a pint bottle of rum. Right about the time that Claudio is calling out Hero for being a ho I dropped the bottle and it rolled all the way from mid level in the audience down to the front by the stage.

The guy playing Claudio froze while the bottle was noisily rolling, and when it stopped he continued on without missing a beat. I am mortally embarrassed in retrospect, but at the time I was feeling a bit tipsy and found it funny.

I hope you learned your lesson. Next time bring a flask -- they don't roll.

Universally applicable to all forms of spectator entertainment.

Years ago I went to see my nephew in Much Ado about Nothing and I snuck in a pint bottle of rum. Right about the time that Claudio is calling out Hero for being a ho I dropped the bottle and it rolled all the way from mid level in the audience down to the front by the stage.

The guy playing Claudio froze while the bottle was noisily rolling, and when it stopped he continued on without missing a beat. I am mortally embarrassed in retrospect, but at the time I was feeling a bit tipsy and found it funny.

thats awesome i know the feeling - and its not like you can sneak in a couple beers - its flask or nothing - so by the time half that bottle is gone, serious events seem hilarious

Interesting. I've been to several fights and didn't even know these things existed.

Yes, the only problem is that several times during the fight everyone around me is asking me what just happened. You won't see the eye poke from a $500 seat half way up the middle section. Joe Rogan will quickly point it out while commentating. After you explain it to your new buddy sitting next to you, he will start relying on you for information. You will be asked "what just happened" many, many times before the end of the night. Still worth it though. Anyways, I've posted enough this year so I better get back to work!

My first event was pretty lackluster to be honest, i had great seats and still had to watch the bigscreen, i got shitfaced and don't remember much.. Couldn't find a cab back to the hotel.. Etc. it was also chuck/rashad and everyone was rooting for Chuck, afterparty sucked etc. , just do better than me, lol

Johnie Walker bottles don't roll.

First two times I watched the Expendables I don't remember it.

Funniest part of this is thinking about watching the Expendables more than once. Of course, if you do not remember watching a movie, then it does not really count.

Back