***Going Vegetarian....kind of....ask me anything***

Eat Taco Bell. They are not legally allowed to call their product beef if I remember correctly.

Over the last couple of years I have become good friends with a family that my son plays baseball on.

The dad is the head coach, I'm an assistant coach. My wife and I get along well with both he and his wife (no swinging jokes)

Our kids get along with their kids. Their younger son already stated that my younger son is his best friend.

My older son gets along with their older sons since they spend so much time together with baseball practices and hanging out (good kid who is a good influence since he encourages my son to not spend as much time on phone/tv screens)

The parents at one point ate meat, but became vegetarians in reconnecting with their Hindu faith. They've never been preachy about it or try to get any of our family members to try to convert.

I had been thinking for some time that I was going to cut back on meat for both health and ethical reasons, and some part due to being inspired by this family.

Anyhow we were at New Years party and the topic of resolutions came up, moreso for our kids to set goals etc.

I decided that once a week, I'm going to eat no meat. It's been each Friday so far, today is my 5th vegetarian day of 2024.

I love meat, enjoy the flavour and texture. However I do feel pretty good overall and once a week is not that big of a deal.

You mentioned in a WR thread that you ate dog and found it to be delicious.

Why did you do such a thing?

It's ok bro. I ran out of burger patties and cooked these impossible patties. I cooked them all in the same pan. Honestly taste wise it's not too different.

Meat is super healthy for you and sacrificing your protein to Gaia once a week will not appease her.
Meat is necessary but in much smaller doses than the typical western diet. Cutting meat one day per week is most likely healthy.

You mentioned in a WR thread that you ate dog and found it to be delicious.

Why did you do such a thing?
In thr vietnamese culture it was considered a treat, so I had it a few times as a kid growing up. Then when I visited Vietnam back in 2006 family wanted to take me out and we had it for a meal.

So basically 20 years ago was the last time I ate it. I remember it tasting delicious. I haven't had it since.

In thr vietnamese culture it was considered a treat, so I had it a few times as a kid growing up. Then when I visited Vietnam back in 2006 family wanted to take me out and we had it for a meal.

So basically 20 years ago was the last time I ate it. I remember it tasting delicious. I haven't had it since.
Well, I appreciate your candor and your willingness to answer such a sensitive question.

Having just finished a month of full carnivore I don’t know how you will survive

To make it a little more fun and challenging you should fast all of Thursday.
Then have your vegetarian day on Friday.

I’m considering going on a diet of only eating sprouted lentils/sprouted rice, for some spiritual cleansing/elevating. And maybe eating eggs once a week, meat once every two weeks or even once a month. Would love for it to be wild game meat, not farmed. I’m not crazy about venison though, and don’t know any hunters nor do I currently have the means to hunt myself.

So have you grown a vagina yet? . . . If that's not been asked yet I'ma be real disappointed in Sherdog.

Anyways, that aside, good for you hun x

• Haha
Reactions: lsa
I don't eat greens as much I used too, eat more fruit... & primary fuel is Red Meat/Chicken/Pork/Fish & healthy fat.
A Modified Paleo style, but heavier on protein.
I feel becoming a vegan or vegetarian would not be ideal for me training & recovery wise. I don't think I'd feel good without a steak in my belly regularly.;)

Helper/maid has planted a relatively new garden with Papaya trees, cucumber, okra, tomatoes, chili peppers & a couple other veggies that escape me atm.
IMG_0283

She makes a great hot chinese/thai style chili sauce, that I use heavily on chicken wings/breasts, tender/nuggets, grilled pork belly/chops & meat balls.
Also nice to have a fresh Wafu or mediterranean style side salad at dinner a couple times a week.

chiu-chow-7.jpg

WafuDressing005.jpg
Where do you live?

Your son plays baseball on a family? How fat are they?

Back