Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread Vol. 2

This is just a staggeringly terrible argument.
I see all sorts of different posters make it in various threads, which makes me suspect it’s some dumbass right wing talking point that’s been spoonfed to you.

First, I have to confess, as I have been burdened by the weight of my sins:

I am overdue on my tetanus shot. I also didn’t get a flu shot in 2022. I will say 100 “Our Faucis” and 100 “Hail Pfizers” as penance <lol>

If you infer from that, that I don’t believe the tetanus shot is effective, and don’t believe the science behind it, that would be an illogical and very wrong inference.

Re: COVID vax— I got vaxxed and boosted as soon as they were available to me. I also followed up with *some* boosters. So why not allllll the boosters?

Well, some of it has to do with the things that developed during and because of COVID: I work at home a lot of the time, whereas I never did pre-COVID. Likewise, when I’m in the office, it’s been rearranged from what it was pre-COVID, and I’m not really near anyone anymore. Bevause of so many people working from home, the office is only maybe 1/4 the capacity that it was pre-COVID. My gf and I still do grocery pickups, where we order our groceries online and just have them brought out to our car—not because I’m ScUrrEd oF CoViD, but because it’s convenient. I live in a small Midwest town of like 2000 people, but near some larger cities—but I don’t have to work or shop in those cities near as much as before. When I travel, I mask up. Due to those things, and how prevalent (or not) COVID is in my particular area at a given time, I may make a variety of decisions as to my healthcare choices and vax status.

—It is worth noting, coincidence or not, that the time period when I did let my vax status lapse is the one time I actually got COVID.

In October, healthcare peeps came to my workplace to administer flu and COVID vaxxes. Since I planned to travel to the Phoenix metro area that December (which is obviously much more populous than where I am now) and I planned to visit family, one of whom was somewhat immunocompromised at the time, I made a point to go into the office that day, and got both shots.

This “argument”—and I use that term very loosely because how flimsy and stupid it is—that someone who doesn’t get every single vax must not trust the science, is ridiculous. The argument that I saw you make in another post that someone who doesn’t get every single one is actually anti-vax, is laughably bad. I am continually amazed by what passes for a logical argument in right-wing circles. Just terrible and illogical stuff.

The irony of your post is really something else.

You have your justifications for why you aren't following the CDCs guidelines. That's perfectly fine.

Those of us who don't trust the covid shot have our reasons for why we aren't following the CDCs guidelines.

We are both considered "anti vaxxers" by definition.

I've had a whole host of vaccines throughout my life but I didn't trust the covid vaccine at all due to the new technology and lack of tests done on it. I'm labeled an anti vaxxer because of that. I decided to skip out on some CDC recommended shots and the pro vax crowd labeled me anti vax.

Yet when you get called an anti vaxxer for skipping out on some CDC recommended shots, you think it's a terrible and illogical argument.

We both have our own reasons for not following the CDCs guidelines. The difference here is you think you are righteous for yours and you probably think the rest of us are dumb conspiracy nuts for ours. But in the end....either all of us are anti vaxxers or none of us are. So which is it?

I know there's a ton of bravado associated with a fisticuffs forum so I'll give you the shake it off take an aspirin attitude, but the ice trucks and people dying were real and the people saying it was all made up (not saying you) are a disgrace to the hospital staff who had to deal with it. We should have all injected the disinfectant the Mandarin Molester told us to. We don't see people dropping like flies now because of the vaccine.. I think I had it but it was even milder than a cold. Given my medical history it would likely have killed me so I took the advice of medical professionals who likely know far more than you or I. I literally know no one who has been treated for it. But everyone in my life has been vaccinated.
We never really saw people "dropping like flies" and that has nothing to do with the "vaccine" and has more to do with herd immunity and proper treatments for the actual symptoms related to the Wuhan Flu. I really don't know many people who have been treated for it either and almost no one in my life has been vaccinated. I personally got it once and only missed one day at the gym but then again I never stopped socializing, never stopped working, and never once wore a mask. I have no hate for those who "chose" to take the vaccine or "chose" to stay isolated or "chose" to wear a mask because it made them "feel" safe.

You have your justifications for why you aren't following the CDCs guidelines. That's perfectly fine.

Those of us who don't trust the covid shot have our reasons for why we aren't following the CDCs guidelines.

I've had a whole host of vaccines throughout my life but I didn't trust the covid vaccine at all due to the new technology and lack of tests done on it. I'm labeled an anti vaxxer because of that. I decided to skip out on some CDC recommended shots and the pro vax crowd labeled me anti vax.

Yet when you get called an anti vaxxer for skipping out on some CDC recommended shots, you think it's a terrible and illogical argument.

We both have our own reasons for not following the CDCs guidelines. The difference here is you think you are righteous for yours and you probably think the rest of us are dumb conspiracy nuts for ours. But in the end....either all of us are anti vaxxers or none of us are. So which is it?
The CDC has about as much credibility now as Gas Station Sushi does it this point.

We never really saw people "dropping like flies" and that has nothing to do with the "vaccine" and has more to do with herd immunity and proper treatments for the actual symptoms related to the Wuhan Flu. I really don't know many people who have been treated for it either and almost no one in my life has been vaccinated. I personally got it once and only missed one day at the gym but then again I never stopped socializing, never stopped working, and never once wore a mask. I have no hate for those who "chose" to take the vaccine or "chose" to stay isolated or "chose" to wear a mask because it made them "feel" safe.
We obviously lived in very different areas if masks weren't your every day life as an example. And the ICUs in The Bay WERE overrun, there were ice tucks with bodies, and my Italian friend wasn't making up losing a heap of friends and family screaming on FBook to stay home. You went through Covid in a very different way than I did. I had my own it might kill me given my medical history reason for having the vaccine but everyone just got fed up with the every day slog of Covid and the vaccine was the means to an end. Also fuck having to stay in the same country and not being able to fly anywhere...I guess you don't travel.

The ICUs being overrun and bodies in ice trucks obviously didn't occur where you live. It did where I lived. A friend from an area in Italy which was one of the epicentres lost friends and family within a couple of weeks and was going spare about it...even as he had to shut his sports bar. It was real, the vaccine stopped the ice trucks and the poor ICU staff being so fucked after working double shifts. Edit: when I say he lost friends and family, it was a lot. They were dropping like flies.
Sure, sure.

We obviously lived in very different areas if masks weren't your every day life as an example. And the ICUs in The Bay WERE overrun, there were ice tucks with bodies, and my Italian friend wasn't making up losing a heap of friends and family screaming on FBook to stay home. You went through Covid in a very different way than I did. I had my own it might kill me given my medical history reason for having the vaccine but everyone just got fed up with the every day slog of Covid and the vaccine was the means to an end. Also fuck having to stay in the same country and not being able to fly anywhere...I guess you don't travel.
You were in here a year ago complaining about people talking about COVID yet here you are. Go the fuck outside sometimes.

I seen some people wearing those masks but I never personally participated and there was never really a reason to participate unless you wanted a safety blanket. ICU'S generally are always at full or near capacity even during regular cold and flu seasons. I didn't travel overseas but never actually stayed put and traveled throughout the states and we still has festivals and what not in the South. I don't judge you for taking the vaccine as its your personal choice and decision what you want to do with your body.

From my liberal perspective, I’m not. But here’s how I feel about it all.

The problem is the ridiculous, unfounded, conspiracy-laden and extreme points of view that the right adopts. Example: the media. We all know the media isn’t perfect, can be sensationalist, lazy, click-baity, whatever. I was studying effects of media, subliminal messaging in media, reading friggin Marshall McLuhan or whatever, a zillion years ago. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve criticized the media, and still do.

But the Right takes this “liberal MSM” conspiracy nonsense to such ridiculous lengths, while simultaneously believing some of the shoddiest, poorly sourced, non-factual, conspiracy bs that I find myself defending the media more often than not. Believe me, it’s weird for me too lol.

The same is true for COVID. Big Pharma is farrrr from perfect, and certainly does unethical things. This is known. But there’s a lot of data on the vaccine’s efficacy, and this idea that it does nothing whatsoever for COVID while simultaneously killing all kinds of people is straight pseudoscience CT bullshit. That’s what we push back against.

It’s like the Fauci thing: righties act like we libs worship at the altar of Fauci, like he’s some god to us. It’s just not true
The COVID outbreak was a time of uncertainty and possible crisis, when we look to our “leaders.”
—Trump only has one method for dealing with crisis: he screams “hoax” and “fake news” at it, and that’s not particularly helpful.
—The rest of the Republican leadership was busy refusing to participate in any action, opposing common sense quarantine and mask measures, pushing bullshit like Ivermectin no matter how many studies came out showing it was worthless against COVID, pushing lab leak theories with no evidence—this the type of stuff we oppose. With Fauci, we were just happy to have someone who offered some reasonable guidance.

TLDR: Republicans take so many things to the realm of conspiracy and pseudoscience, that we push back against that and by default defend people and things that could be criticized in rational ways.

Shutting down and killing small business a bad idea. Never have we quarantined healthy people. That isn't normal. The hypocrisy of allowing Walmart to be open, but not a sandwich shop is insane.

Fauci literally funded the creation of the disease.

The Cochrane Review conclusively showed that masks are scientifically useless for respiratory viruses.

But hey, fixing stupid is hard.

It isn’t either of those things, I think your conclusion is completely false.
I don’t see anything about my POV: “due to changes in a variety of external factors which make me far less likely to contract or spread the virus, I don’t feel the need to get this particular vaccine at this particular time, but did in the past and certainly may again at a later time”—to fall into any definition of “anti-vaxxer” that I can find.
I also wouldn’t consider the POV “I think vaccines are great in general but this one uses some new technology, so I’d like to see some additional data” to be an anti-vax POV, nor does it seem to fit into any definition of anti-vaxxer.

—But considering I have seen you say things like”the polio vaccine is not quite as important as the invention of the TV remote control” and “you can find a study that says anything when it comes to COVID,” I think you’re being a bit disingenuous when stating your POV here, aren’t you? I don’t know if you’re an anti-vaxxer, but you certainly don’t present yourself as one who is super supportive of vaccines in general, nor does it appear like any type or amount evidence will change your mind. So I don’t view those as particularly good reasons.

So it’s not about me feeling “righteous.” I am making an informed decision based on changing factors of various sorts as to how likely I am to contract and spread the virus, and the various effects thereof. And sure, *some* conservatives do too.

But many—most, even, I might argue—aren’t doing that and didn’t do that. Look at the trash all throughout this thread, like the post a bit back claiming the COVID vax is a “bioweapon” (rofl!) using absolutely discredited, conspiracy-ridden joke sources as “evidence.”
Look at the post @lifelessheap just directed @ me, in which he quotes the Cochrane study as truth despite the many issues with it, and follows that up with the claim that “Fauci funded the creation of the virus,” when there’s no proof or scientific consensus that the virus was created at all. This thread is an endless parade of CT-laden trash posting.

This is the shit that brings scorn upon conservatives, and that scorn is well-earned.

Check my post history you loon. Let me know how many posts I've made in the last year. Then, let's compare that to yours. Sorry that I have a functioning memory, I guess that means means I've been monitoring you.
Why would I check your post history? According to you, that's what you've been doing with mine.

Why would I check your post history? According to you, that's what you've been doing with mine.
How many thousands of posts do you have in the past year? Like I said, go the fuck outside. I'll be back next year and you will still be here talking about COVID.

How many thousands of posts do you have in the past year? Like I said, go the fuck outside. I'll be back next year and you will still be here talking about COVID.
You've been monitoring my posts so you tell me. I don't remember your username/avatar/any interaction with you whatsoever but it's nice to feel wanted, even though it's creepy. Who else of the guys have you said the same thing about ITT?

You've been monitoring my posts so you tell me. I don't remember your username/avatar/any interaction with you whatsoever but it's nice to feel wanted, even though it's creepy. Who else of the guys have you said the same thing about ITT?
You aren't wanted, the reason I remember is because you are insufferable. Everyone else is cool, you just try to act high and mighty in your posts as if you are somehow more important. But, you ain't shit. Been celebrating any COVID deaths lately?

You aren't wanted, the reason I remember is because you are insufferable. Everyone else is cool, you just try to act high and mighty in your posts as if you are somehow more important. But, you ain't shit. Been celebrating any COVID deaths lately?
So you admit again you HAVE been monitoring me because I AM special to you and have made up me celebrating Covid deaths...as you have been gagging yourself reading all my posts you will be able to bring up the posts. Correct?

It isn’t either of those things, I think your conclusion is completely false.
I don’t see anything about my POV: “due to changes in a variety of external factors which make me far less likely to contract or spread the virus, I don’t feel the need to get this particular vaccine at this particular time, but did in the past and certainly may again at a later time”—to fall into any definition of “anti-vaxxer” that I can find.
I also wouldn’t consider the POV “I think vaccines are great in general but this one uses some new technology, so I’d like to see some additional data” to be an anti-vax POV, nor does it seem to fit into any definition of anti-vaxxer.

—But considering I have seen you say things like”the polio vaccine is not quite as important as the invention of the TV remote control” and “you can find a study that says anything when it comes to COVID,” I think you’re being a bit disingenuous when stating your POV here, aren’t you? I don’t know if you’re an anti-vaxxer, but you certainly don’t present yourself as one who is super supportive of vaccines in general, nor does it appear like any type or amount evidence will change your mind. So I don’t view those as particularly good reasons.

So it’s not about me feeling “righteous.” I am making an informed decision based on changing factors of various sorts as to how likely I am to contract and spread the virus, and the various effects thereof. And sure, *some* conservatives do too.

But many—most, even, I might argue—aren’t doing that and didn’t do that. Look at the trash all throughout this thread, like the post a bit back claiming the COVID vax is a “bioweapon” (rofl!) using absolutely discredited, conspiracy-ridden joke sources as “evidence.”
Look at the post @lifelessheap just directed @ me, in which he quotes the Cochrane study as truth despite the many issues with it, and follows that up with the claim that “Fauci funded the creation of the virus,” when there’s no proof or scientific consensus that the virus was created at all. This thread is an endless parade of CT-laden trash posting.

This is the shit that brings scorn upon conservatives, and that scorn is well-earned.

I fully agree with your first paragraph but a lot of left wingers don't. Most people labeled anti vaxxers are people who didn't want the covid vaccine. They aren't in the same group as people who say the measles vaccine causes autism. But we both know that the people who didn't trust the covid vaccine were and still are labeled anti vaxxers.

Show me where I said that the polio vaccine is not as important as the TV remote. I will be shocked if you can find me saying something like that. That's either an outright lie or I was making a sarcastic joke. Now I absolutely have said that you can find a study that says damn near anything when it comes to covid because you certainly can. You can find studies that prove masks work, don't work, that the vaccine stops the spread, doesn't stop the spread, that Ivermectin works or doesnt work etc etc.

Nearly every anti covid vax person in this thread is not an anti vaxxer. All I needed was the fact that they only spent a few months testing this vaccine before I said I didn't want to take it. I wound up taking it due to pressure from my wife because we were getting married at the time and she was already stressed out and me not being vaxxed and having to jump through tons of hoops to honeymoon travel and a handful of other things. To stop her from stressing, I gave in and got the shot. I regret giving in to that pressure to this day. I don't want this shit in my body and I never needed it in the first place.

You are using your own justifications for why you should or shouldn't follow the CDCs recommendations. I am perfectly fine with you exercising that right but you definitely seem to look down your nose at other people's justifications to exercise their own rights. You would have been labeled a grandma killer during the height of covid for exercising your rights.

I don't read into every CT when it comes to covid but what I do believe is that we never would have had to deal with the virus if not for Fauci and this gain of function bullshit. The vast vast majority of the population was never in any danger from the virus. The lockdowns and mandates by politicians were draconian in nature and the continued support of their failed mission by the public is worrisome. I file the rest of the CT stuff either under weird, not probable or makes a hell of a lot of sense but I'll never know if we have proof of it or not.

So you admit again you HAVE been monitoring me because I AM special to you and have made up me celebrating Covid deaths...as you have been gagging yourself reading all my posts you will be able to bring up the posts. Correct?
Those shots really fucked your mind up didn't they? If you can't remember, that isn't my problem. I don't have to bring up anything, everyone already knows you celebrated it with your little forum pals, dipshit. This is what I'm talking about..."you will be able to bring up my posts huh?" Shut. The. Fuck. Up. I ain't doing shit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back