Goldie commentating again

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Its like watching ufc!! Its great! He puts Excitement back into the show!

And the UFC hired Todd Grisham who is just really terrible.

Virtually identical to when he was commentating in the UFC.

Goldie is sooooooooooooooo much better than Anik.

I miss Goldie. I marked hard when he called the ending of Jones/Cormier from inside a bar for old times' sake.

Goldie was fine, they should have sacked that poison dwarf Rogan instead

Yeah Goldie is awesome. Anyone ever find out why they released him?

There was news back then about Dana was trying to hire somone big for commentary, but the deal didnt work out. A tv personality or something. I guess they fired Goldie to make room for unknown commentator.

What? I could've sworn the general consensus only a year ago was that Goldie was terrible and many fans claimed that they watched fights in mute simply for that reason?

Goldie was fine, they should have sacked that poison dwarf Rogan instead

Why sack Rogan? At least he offers some technical insight/analysis into what's going on.

In fact, despite a long timeline of heavy criticism, the Rogan/Goldie duo worked quite well in my opinion.And is evidently far better than any of the subsequent replacements.

Loving it. Thought it was bad letting some talented fighters go. But losing Goldie was their biggest mistake.

Goldberg sucked and you all know it. Stop being sentimental bitches.

There was news back then about Dana was trying to hire somone big for commentary, but the deal didnt work out. A tv personality or something. I guess they fired Goldie to make room for unknown commentator.
Interesting havent heard that one. Makes sense though

My guess is that White / Fertittas gave their long-time regulars (Liddell, Hughes, Goldberg, J. Silva, etc) inflated contracts, and WME-IMG saw it as the easiest cost-cutting measure to just cut them rather than negotiate to bring them down.

Surprised Rogan is still around, but I think White probably very specifically stood up for him since Rogan used to take a discount rate to commentate shows in the early Zuffa days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back