Good that Jon retires b/c he would destroy Pavlovich, UD Jailton, but probably lose to Aspinall

He'd be wise to retire if he wins this next one as Father Time catches up to everyone eventually. He'd have 16 title fight wins. That's the most ever by a comfortable margin. There will be nothing left to prove.

Jones lasts no more than 2 rounds with Sergei, he would get KO'd at this stage. I think Aspinal beats him as well but it goes longer. I think Jon beats every other HW.
Yea it's not going past round 2 because Jon would take him down and pound him out.

He looked like a fish out of water, one Overeem ground strike sent him into the shadow realm. No defense on the ground, didn't even try to avoid the strikes.

So we need more time and fights to gauge Jailton but you say Jones would UD him. And you say Pavlovich showed no resistance to Reem's takedowns, in a fight that was 5 years ago, as if training did not exist.

Ppl forget that Jon looked like shit in has last 3 fights at LHW. And the Gane fight ended in the first grappling exchange. We don’t know how much Jon has left in the tank. I wonder what kind of odds Stipe will have in him.
Edit: I’m not a betting man. But Stipe at +310 seems very tempting.
Stipe is a 41 year old heavyweight that just had his corpse defrosted for this fight. Ngannou took his soul. He looked slower than Mark Hunt against DC.

Stipe was out here losing rounds and getting finished by a man Jon beat twice. Jon knows he beats him and it looks good on his resume as Stipe is the UFC HW goat.

He's not one of these young, huge killers. Think GSP vs Bisping. Once these two get done- the belt will be vacant.

What has Aspinall done to make you think he can beat Jones. If Jones had lost to some of the guys that beat Apsinall people would be going on about it everyday on here. Jones is the best, his skill level is too much, I'll need to see it to believe it in terms of Jones getting beat. Its hard enough for LHWs to land flush on him, let alone HWs who are so much more slower and flat footed, I think Jones will run circles round them all. 28-0 lets not forget, and the Hamill thing is silly, he beat his face into hamburger meat, we can take away basically all of Gane's wins in UFC by that logic as he hits everyone on the back of the head, over and over.. @Davidjacksonjones

So we need more time and fights to gauge Jailton but you say Jones would UD him. And you say Pavlovich showed no resistance to Reem's takedowns, in a fight that was 5 years ago, as if training did not exist.
I just don't know how good his striking is. He just takes everyone down and beats them up there.

But his resume is lacking, Park Porter???? A guy that could be a welterweight if he took his diet seriously? Rozenstruik? Shamil, a premier heavyweight jobber? He needs more ring time against people that can defend a takedown.

As far Pavlovich, guess who beat Reem? Jarzinho.They were booking Reem to get him killed and KTFOd at the end of his career, he just kept winning. They wanted a highlight reel, look at his last few matches.

If you get booked against a 38 y/o, off the sauce Reem and can't KO him you're in the same tier as Augusto Sakai. They FED Reem to Walt Harris so he could get a nice KO win to make up for the situation at that time and he won-

Reem took Pavlovich down and destroyed him from mount it was a massacre. There's no training that can bridge that gap. Since then he's mainly fought brawlers that want to stand and Curtis Blaydes, who's kryptonite is getting KOd against power punchers?

Pavlovich is too slow and one dimensional to beat Jon, he has no tools. One missed hook, Jon takes him down and beats him to near death

I just don't know how good his striking is. He just takes everyone down and beats them up there.

But his resume is lacking, Park Porter???? A guy that could be a welterweight if he took his diet seriously? Rozenstruik? Shamil, a premier heavyweight jobber? He needs more ring time against people that can defend a takedown.

As far Pavlovich, guess who beat Reem? Jarzinho.They were booking Reem to get him killed and KTFOd at the end of his career, he just kept winning. They wanted a highlight reel, look at his last few matches.

If you get booked against a 38 y/o, off the sauce Reem and can't KO him you're in the same tier as Augusto Sakai. They FED Reem to Walt Harris so he could get a nice KO win to make up for the situation at that time and he won-

Reem took Pavlovich down and destroyed him from mount it was a massacre. There's no training that can bridge that gap. Since then he's mainly fought brawlers that want to stand and Curtis Blaydes, who's kryptonite is getting KOd against power punchers?

Pavlovich is too slow and one dimensional to beat Jon, he has no tools. One missed hook, Jon takes him down and beats him to near death

You're making leaps of reasoning everywhere man.

Honestly I don't even care anymore. Jones' generation is either old and washed up or retired already. Not only that, the next generation of fighters that came after it are all also either retired or old and washed up. It's insane, the dude was a champion in 2010. It's almost 2024.

I remember when we bitched about people being unfair about Fedor's career because he was a champ in 2003 and people were judging him the way he looked in 2010 saying he wasn't that good. That's half of Jones timeline since he won the belt to now. How could you judge him now?

GSP had a long reign as champ, that's how it's remembered. He got the belt in 2007 and retired as champ in 2013. Then came back for a one fight deal against what was perceived as an extremely weak champion 4 years later. That is 10 years total, Jones is already at 13 years.

We are witnessing Usman and Adesanya's decline. Those guys became champs in 2019. They are the generation after, the generation after, the generation after Jones' generation. It's insane. After Stipe he should just retire. If he can't beat Pavlovich in 2024, it's the same as Fedor not being able to beat Maldonado on 2014. Who cares by that point?

Jones is 36 and has been fighting the best since he was 21

I don't even look at these hypothetical match-ups seriously, Jones has one foot out the door

Even then a bloated up past him prime Jones would probably beat Aspinall & Pav

His toughest fight was Francis

Yea it's not going past round 2 because Jon would take him down and pound him out.

He looked like a fish out of water, one Overeem ground strike sent him into the shadow realm. No defense on the ground, didn't even try to avoid the strikes.

You're 100% right. There's absolutely no way that Pavlovich has improved since he fought Overeem. Especially considering Pavlovich had to train and be prepared for Blaydes. Im sure he didnt even train wrestling for it lol.

If you don't recall, Pavlovich stuffed Blaydes takedown attempts and knocked him out. Just think, you used Pavlovich very first fight in the UFC to support your crappy uneducated opinion.

Aspinall is the most overrated fighter I've ever seen. He has 1 good win

Destroy Pavlovich, but arguably lose to Reyes and Santos 4 years ago when he was closer to his prime.

<YeahOKJen>

Everybody seems to think a past prime Jones is a legit HW champ because he outgrappled a French Kickboxer

Jones fans are a joke. They pretend he hasn’t cheated his entire career. He’s a lowlife, that will never be considered the GOAT by anybody with a thimble full of morality.

Jones fans are a joke. They pretend he hasn’t cheated his entire career. He’s a lowlife, that will never be considered the GOAT by anybody with a thimble full of morality.
He's considered the goat by most people and the organisation itself has crowned him as such. Sorry but you're an angry minority lol

Ah yes, the Overeem fight from 2018, classic Jones fans defence, nice amateur response. So I’m gonna let you in a a little secret, it’s a very simple concept that any mma fan should know and understand. You ready?? Fighters improve, they get better, their skills evolve over time with training and fighting. The fact you think Sergei is the same fighter 5 years later shows me your perspective isn’t really level headed.

Fact is Jon has always had issues with fighters like Sergei. Only this time the opponent is bigger with far more punching power, and Jon is older and not the same fighter.

sergei finishes him inside two rounds.

Back