Gordon Ryan vs Kyle Boehm

I think this was such a key part of the agreement (if indeed it was) it’s a little unbelievable how Mo never thought to emphasise it to anyone.

This is just an idea of Capitalism. They most likely signed away their rites to the footage. I doubt it clearly stated "If you want more, Do more." but this is America, thats how shit works.

He should have been warning them to perform well because anyone in that camp who “wins” at rolls may potentially put your “losing” rounds on the internet and charge fans for watching it etc. Also, if it’s Gordon Ryan doing the “winning”, he may be telling your potential customers how much you, your coach and your team SUCKS and how you grapple like an idiot or “jumps around in front of my guard without doing any jiu jitsu”.

Is this real life? It was clear the whole time at least 1 DVD would be put out. These guys knew they should perform well.
We really don't know what Gordon would say although, I agree, he can and likely would have been harsh.
It's not his fault people weren't properly prepared, I think they should have known.

I don’t know if Mo is a Danaher/Gordon fanboy or something but he sure seems to be unaware of Gordon’s marketing strategy which always seems to be at the expense of others. Or wilfully blind, take your pick.

I don't know why you'd say this. Mo trained under JT for a while and got promoted by him. He seemed like he was more than fair with the Atos guys.

When you’re getting DVD sellers across camps for this sort of project, you simply can’t afford to be this ignorant

This amatuer thinking is gonna keep real business people out of our sport and keep us all complaining about why things are so amatuer. "Why can't we all just hug and share and be equal and nice to each other?"

However, if he isn’t any of these things, then Gordon Ryan is just being a whiny child.

"Words don't bother me man, actions do." Gordon followed thru on his contract like an adult.
In business, would you rather deal with a person who followed thru on his word or one who was nice?

Tap him out and insult gordon and his coach on your dvd/instagram/youtube?

Springs has a podcast too. Its Gordon's fault most haven't heard of it. He should be sharing it... or something.

This video is probably stinging more and more. Gordon certainly ain't wealthy like the guys he mentions but he's seems to be doing ok.

A lot of the trash talk he says he stopped was against Gordon and team.

Springs has a podcast too. Its Gordon's fault most haven't heard of it. He should be sharing it... or something.

This video is probably stinging more and more. Gordon certainly ain't wealthy like the guys he mentions but he's seems to be doing ok.

A lot of the trash talk he says he stopped was against Gordon and team.

Spriggs spoke some real talk right there.

lol funny how angry some people here are cause gordon is so dominant in his sport
i think the anger towards him originates from the fact that he's a pompous douchebag.

there have been plenty of dominant grapplers before who have been adored by the community. acting like he gets hate because he's good is ridiculous.

i think the anger towards him originates from the fact that he's a pompous douchebag.

there have been plenty of dominant grapplers before who have been adored by the community. acting like he gets hate because he's good is ridiculous.
Yeah he wouldn’t have haters if he didn’t talk so much about how he does. He created the market for them. Most people would like to be a fan.

But I think some athletes perform better when they have doubters. And so I’ve always had a theory that some athletes try to create haters and people rooting against them as a means to actually perform better.

I don't know why you'd say this. Mo trained under JT for a while and got promoted by him. He seemed like he was more than fair with the Atos guys.

Not gonna reply to the rest of your speculation. Not worth my time.

I say this because I’m pretty sure Mo wasn’t defending JT publicly when Gordon was attacking him online. In fact Mo was trying to take as much blame as possible so that it’s seem like it was only his fault, when in fact Gordon was responsible for making the issue public cos he couldn’t sell a fucking dvd for his own personal profit. Mo should have told him to just STFU. Gordon clearly turned the situation from bad to toxic. Mo wanted to maintain a relationship with everyone and Gordon threw a fucking tantrum.

Also, on a separate issue, what the fuck does a business issue have to do with JT’s jiu jitsu skills? Gordon also took the opportunity to make some stupid shit up publicly about how Garry would have somehow beat him in ADCC, that JT’s just “really strong” and used very little jiu jitsu to win.

This amatuer thinking is gonna keep real business people out of our sport and keep us all complaining about why things are so amatuer. "Why can't we all just hug and share and be equal and nice to each other?"

The sport did get this far globally without any of the Conor Mcgregor bullshit. The people who drove the sport to this level like Roger and Marcelo didn’t do any of this. I don’t believe making jiu jitsu more antagonistic = the sport becoming more professional but you can believe what you want to believe.

Last edited:

tbh theirs people worse than him on here with the way they treat people lol it just so happens gordons one of the best on the planet so people try to hate

tbh theirs people worse than him on here with the way they treat people lol it just so happens gordons one of the best on the planet so people try to hate

again, him being good has nothing to do with the hate he gets.

marcelo clowned all opposition for 10 years straight. i have yet to hear a single person in the game badmouth him. dominance has nothing to do with how ryan is treated by fans.

I say this because I’m pretty sure Mo wasn’t defending JT publicly when Gordon was attacking him online. In fact Mo was trying to take as much blame as possible so that it’s seem like it was only his fault, when in fact Gordon was responsible for making the issue public cos he couldn’t sell a fucking dvd for his own personal profit. Mo should have told him to just STFU. Gordon clearly turned the situation from bad to toxic. Mo wanted to maintain a relationship with everyone and Gordon threw a fucking tantrum.

It was this or say Gordon's right, we own rights, we can do what we want. Mo was shielding his friend IMO.

There's no reason the way people conduct business needs to be kept private. It lets people know if they should do business in the future. We all win with more openness.

The sport did get this far globally without any of the Conor Mcgregor bullshit. The people who drove the sport to this level like Roger and Marcelo didn’t do any of this. I don’t believe making jiu jitsu more antagonistic = the sport becoming more professional but you can believe what you want to believe.

I am a huge fan of both of these guys because of their actions, not because they're nice guys.
You think Roger is withdrawing from contract after training with someone? No.
Him and Marcelo both show good and rolls on their sites in abundance.

In other news, Mo said he'll be on next week's Flo WNO podcast discussing the next ADCC.

Catch it while you can, he sounds like he stepping away. Can't say I blame him although it sucks, look at this shit though. He'll probably go somewhere people act professional.

Mo is implying that he got a deal done for a superfight with Gordon and Galvao and that Gordon will compete at weight. Said info will be released in podcast on Thursday.

Guys like KenkaBancho need to kick rocks if they're trying to slow down deals like this.

Mo is great for our sport.

KenkoBancho -"but, but Gordon said this mean thing and Mo didn't tell him to shut up. It might happen again."

Last edited:
Mo is implying that he got a deal done for a superfight with Gordon and Galvao and that Gordon will compete at weight. Said info will be released in podcast on Thursday.

Guys like KenkaBancho need to kick rocks if they're trying to slow down deals like this.

Mo is great for our sport.

KenkoBancho -"but, but Gordon said this mean thing and Mo didn't tell him to shut up. It might happen again."
LOL not sure how you managed to connect anything to do with the dvd fiasco with a superfight, but whatever you say buddy.

LOL not sure how you managed to connect anything to do with the dvd fiasco with a superfight, but whatever you say buddy.

You keep questioning Mo's decision making. Look what he's doing?

I hope Gordon chooses Kaynan's bracket and Mo matches them 1st round so we can see what we missed. I have a feeling it'll be worse because Gordon has stayed more disciplined thru quarinintine and created more distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back