Media Gorimbo: Everyone Turned Their Back on Me, Colby Fed Me When I Was Broke

It's hard to know with Covington. Sometimes, it sounds like he's a decent guy irl, but other times, it sounds like he became the man he was projecting to be.

Like, I used to think he was faking the feud with Masvidal, and I'm fairly sure they were at the start, but I think it became all too real.

Either way, mad respect to Colby for that. I know this though, I do think he's a nicer guy than guys like Cowboy, Ngannou and other fighters whom a lot of fans make out to be a nice guy.

Only tin foil hat thought it was fake, even at the beginning, they went hard at each other from the start...
1557091052-5491.jpg

Gorimbo's post-fight interview was kind of gut wrenching tbh.
The people in his village scrapped up all they had so that he could come to 'murica and follow his dream.
Now they are paying for the slave ship voyage over. 2023 is shit.

Good for Colby, I really wish he would drop the shit head act.

If he drops the acts i don't think his fans would start to hate him but he would gain so many new fans
At least he should tone it down a little bit

I think I am now a fan of Themba Gorimbo. I hope he at least has enough success to give his family the kind of life he wants to. Oh, and lots of Cheetohs.

Colby only gave him crumbs in case he blows up into a superstar and he doesn't lose a training partner

Colby is a good dude. He gets hate, but I’m sure he knew he was going to with the act.

I thought Colby was a white supremacist MAGA extremist!!?????????????????????????????

God bless America.

<20>

Good for Colby for finding a friend in the MMA community. Maybe he can stop sneaking through the back when he goes to the UFC PI now lol.

Colby should really lean into this and make a face turn.

"I support all fighters trying to live the American dream, and I fight to inspire young boys and girls across this beautiful nation to go and chase it. TRUMP 20204 BABY, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN!"

<TheDonald>

I think most reasonable people understand the Colby story. Boring wrestler, not exciting fans with fights so makes his personality a lightning rod of hate/love. It was a good call. He seems to be a good training partner/person otherwise.

Yeah everybody should know at this point that Colby's shtick is fake. It cracks me up when leftoids truly hate the guy because of his character's political affiliation.

Guys like Usman, Bisping and others have told stories about running into him in public and him being a total gentleman. Only to trash them on social media later when he's back in character.

Usman said he ran into him in public and was expecting to fight then and there, but when Colby noticed him he gave him a big hug and they had a long friendly discussion filled with mutual respect. Then a few days later Colby posted to twitter that if Usman ran up on him in public again he would send him to the hospital lol.

Bisping said he ran into him at the airport after UFC 286. He was just waiting for his flight and somebody ran up from behind and lifted him up and gave him a big hug and said "Mikey, how you doing man?" And he turned around and it was Colby. Said they had a good talk and Cokby was a total gentleman, said he was loving it in England and it totally changed Bisping'a opinion of him. Then a few days later he was back in character saying England sucks and is full of bums and he went on to threaten Jon Anik's life.

So yeah, I do think Colby is probably a really nice guy when he isn't in character, don't care what pieces of shit like Masvidal say.

That being said, he still doesn't deserve a title shot for sitting out for a year plus after beating another 38 year old, 0-2 fighter. He shouldn't even be close to title contention let's be real.

Back