Media Gorimbo: Everyone Turned Their Back on Me, Colby Fed Me When I Was Broke

I thought Colby was a white supremacist MAGA extremist!!?????????????????????????????
I thought it was a gimmick and determined he was actually a Biden voting dem.

<EdgyBrah>

Colby should really lean into this and make a face turn.

"I support all fighters trying to live the American dream, and I fight to inspire young boys and girls across this beautiful nation to go and chase it. TRUMP 20204 BABY, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN!"

<TheDonald>
if he pulled that off i'd be on board 100% and i dont even like Trump. its actually a feasible idea for Colby if Trump doesnt win in 2024 haha

"I support all fighters trying to live the American dream, and I fight to inspire young boys and girls across this beautiful nation to go and chase it. TRUMP 20204 BABY, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN!"

<TheDonald>

Actually, he COULD switch to face now, since he's already done the job

People know who he is and wants to see him fight and his position is safe in the UFC

He could very well drop the WrestlingHeel-persona now, but if he enjoys it sure keep going

He doésn't need to do it anymore though, Money will come in either way

<TheDonald>
he already has by calling out Belal "remember the racist"

Colby playing a character is the exact reason I don't tune into any of his fights. It perpetuates the crap that I dislike in the sport. Same reason I stopped watching Conor after the 'it's just business' quote made in the middle of the Khabib fight, showing all the lead up, including him attacking the bus, was all just for show. Made it feel just as fake as the WWE.

It's hard to know with Covington. Sometimes, it sounds like he's a decent guy irl, but other times, it sounds like he became the man he was projecting to be.

Like, I used to think he was faking the feud with Masvidal, and I'm fairly sure they were at the start, but I think it became all too real.

Either way, mad respect to Colby for that. I know this though, I do think he's a nicer guy than guys like Cowboy, Ngannou and other fighters whom a lot of fans make out to be a nice guy.

he's like everyone else in the world. you do some bad things and you do some good things. i think he's a decent person relatively speaking when you see what other kinds of scumbags are involved in MMA.

Colby playing a character is the exact reason I don't tune into any of his fights. It perpetuates the crap that I dislike in the sport. Same reason I stopped watching Conor after the 'it's just business' quote made in the middle of the Khabib fight, showing all the lead up, including him attacking the bus, was all just for show. Made it feel just as fake as the WWE.

the thing about the Conor "it's just business" wasn't real. that wasn't just business, Conor was all coked up and got into his feelings when he attacked the bus. he got into his feelings in pres conferences where he attacked Khabib's religion/family/country. that's not "just business", that's personal. the reason he said "it was just business" was out of pure fear. at that moment he knew he fucked up, he thought he was getting into Khabib's head like he did Aldo but all he did was poke the bear. he fucked around and found out.

Colby needs to move to WWE soon, his time at the top in MMA is nearing its end

Colby: Plays a character with the goal of getting people to hate him.

Colby Fans: Why do people hate Colby?
That’s the whole point of being a Colby fan. His biggest fans will never even acknowledge that he does anything wrong. Which drives everyone else crazy

I seriously think it helps Colby stay a heel just because his fans are so annoying. he said nothing for like 6 months after the Jorge incident and somehow people hate him even more now lol

I dont know if you can really call Colby's whole act fake though. He's a Donald Trump supporter just like a lot of the fighters are. You don't really become a good fighter by laying around and crying about everything.

Only tin foil hat thought it was fake, even at the beginning, they went hard at each other from the start...
1557091052-5491.jpg

not really. They’re friends from day one before they made it. And then in their mid and late 30s. They feud publicly on social media.

that’s what kids or women would do. Granted I don’t have social media. I’m just some man

Yeah everybody should know at this point that Colby's shtick is fake. It cracks me up when leftoids truly hate the guy because of his character's political affiliation.

Guys like Usman, Bisping and others have told stories about running into him in public and him being a total gentleman. Only to trash them on social media later when he's back in character.

Usman said he ran into him in public and was expecting to fight then and there, but when Colby noticed him he gave him a big hug and they had a long friendly discussion filled with mutual respect. Then a few days later Colby posted to twitter that if Usman ran up on him in public again he would send him to the hospital lol.

Bisping said he ran into him at the airport after UFC 286. He was just waiting for his flight and somebody ran up from behind and lifted him up and gave him a big hug and said "Mikey, how you doing man?" And he turned around and it was Colby. Said they had a good talk and Cokby was a total gentleman, said he was loving it in England and it totally changed Bisping'a opinion of him. Then a few days later he was back in character saying England sucks and is full of bums and he went on to threaten Jon Anik's life.

So yeah, I do think Colby is probably a really nice guy when he isn't in character, don't care what pieces of shit like Masvidal say.

That being said, he still doesn't deserve a title shot for sitting out for a year plus after beating another 38 year old, 0-2 fighter. He shouldn't even be close to title contention let's be real.
I'm slight Northwest of Chairman Mao on a political compass. Colby seems like an all right dude. Judge more by actions, less by words.

No wonder he fought so conservatively. Needed to make sure he got that win bonus. Yikes

Colby: Plays a character with the goal of getting people to hate him.

Colby Fans: Why do people hate Colby?

Better question would be and what those fans most likely mean is, why would people let themselves be so easily manipulated to buy into such an obvious act? Why be a mark for such an obvious performance? Are these people also getting mad at WWE guys or movie actors? Because it's basically the same thing.

Ying and Yang. Rarely is someone or something absolutely one way or another.

Back