Got a surprise phone call this morning, and it was a much needed one.

StonedLemur

Chief of Sherbro Island
@plutonium
Reaction score
I just got a call from my friends in Nepal, and they're coming home in June.
A little earlier than expected which is cool with me, I miss those mothafuckas a lot.

The phone call was at 7am, and we started talking like we never stopped.
I haven't spoken to them in over a year, just texting now and then.

They are 2 of the best people I know and their voices rise like the moon to light the way.
They have been in Nepal for a long time and its good to hear they'll be coming home, I want to spend time with them so I can recharge my brain...reset things that are askew.

I have no idea why I'm writing this here but I guess I am for one reason or another.

Keep the ones you love close, and never fail to tell them what they mean.

Hell yeah brother. Words to live by for sure. After seeing my father get sick, I always swore I’d do my best to make all the people important to me know it. That’s what it’s all about. I’m glad he knew how much I cared for him in his last years.

d8ab0647-3671-4c75-ba76-a1bc68bb4b49_text.gif

You been there too? That is a place very few people I know have ever thought about, let alone been to.

Definitely tell your peeps they mean something to you. Everyone desires affirmation that they mean something.

Hell yeah brother. Words to live by for sure. After seeing my father get sick, I always swore I’d do my best to make all the people important to me know it. That’s what it’s all about. I’m glad he knew how much I cared for him in his last years.

You both know how much he meant to you and you to him... that's everything sir.

You been there too? That is a place very few people I know have ever thought about, let alone been to.

Definitely tell your peeps they mean something to you. Everyone desires affirmation that they mean something.

I haven't been there but have always wanted to.
They go and teach the kids English, they're teaching them how to ice skate this time... they're awesome people.

I miss them when they go there.

They go a lot actually.
I have wanted to go but too busy, house, etc.

Looks really awesome when they send me pictures.
You should. It gets so much harder as you get older. At least from my perspective. Especially a place so far, and involving so much time to get there. YOLO or whatever the youngins say.

Stay off of the Mountain. FB reels are punishing me for watching the Everest Parade 1 time.:mad:

Congrats bro! It's hard to find good friends, and harder to maintain over long distances.

You should. It gets so much harder as you get older. At least from my perspective. Especially a place so far, and involving so much time to get there. YOLO or whatever the youngins say.

Yeah, they have been trying to get me to go but they have more expendable cash than this old man lol.

I do want to though sir.

My Dad was British army, and served with Gurkhas (Troops from Nepal who serve in the British army). He said he was always impressed with them and that they were kind of superhuman in terms of endurance and toughness, and overall good guys, but he also said it kind of sucked being around them because they'd always absolutely boliterate the toilets. Definitely from the Indian school of potty training

Back