Got out was mediocre at best

white-tears.gif

We got 100s of years of black tears sitting in distillery’s. What’s up now motherfucka

You're mad LOL

Nah, using some dark humor again.

It’s true when you understand history, though..

Some whites bawled over this movie. All blacks bawled for hundreds of years over.. ya know. Think we have the advantage tears department. We could start selling theirs to the public now.

Grandpappy had a barrel full out behind the garage. All this time I thought it was used motor oil.

We got 100s of years of black tears sitting in distillery’s. What’s up now motherfucka

I find it really funny that the movie was critiquing the well-intentioned racist of white liberals, who ate up the movie as though it were critiquing white supremacists.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Really original thread. This has never been done before, neither on sherdog nor stormfront.

It's probably harder for you to get the genius of the movie because you've never been colored visiting a significant other's all white family and felt the tiny horror of being very much alone surrounded by that many well intentioned but nevertheless complete strangers. The movie itself is laced with really well done allegory and symbolism (the sunken place being one) but judging from some of the responses articulating them would be wasted on you tards.
I lived in a country that is 99% Japanese and wasn’t allowed in some businesses because I wasn’t Japanese while they ran tv shows devot d to how badly we speak their language for three years but yeah I wouldn’t know what it’s like to not be accepted.

Also

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Pretty crazy he was working on it way back in his MADtv stint. Incredible movie imo, extremely well shot, well paced, and well written.

The slavery subtext was very well done and I really enjoyed the cotton being what saved him.

Him and the Slept King talking the old days and the movie.

That's the funniest thing about the hype of this movie. It's like the people praising the shit out of it's "message", didn't even get that they were the types the movie was roasting.

Anyways, movie was fine. Solid thriller, but I could've done without the comic relief dude always taking me out of it, and making the movie feel like "Scary Movie" whenever he was on screen.

Really? I loved the comic relief guy. Granted ya know I love comedy. "Sex cult!"

Really? I loved the comic relief guy. Granted ya know I love comedy. "Sex cult!"

I love comedy and horror. I rarely like them to mix, though. I thought "Get Out" had enough subtle dark humor. The friend was just too over the top. It's like the movie had a good pace and tone of "Serious, serious, wink and a nod, wink and nod, serious, serious...", and then out of nowhere there's a sketch comedy bit.

Granted, the scenes involving that character weren't cringe inducing or anything, like some other films that try to force those type of bits into the mix(Hello Star Wars TLJ), but it still felt out of place to me.

I love comedy and horror. I rarely like them to mix, though. I thought "Get Out" had enough subtle dark humor. The friend was just too over the top. It's like the movie had a good pace and tone of "Serious, serious, wink and a nod, wink and nod, serious, serious...", and then out of nowhere there's a sketch comedy bit.

Granted, the scenes involving that character weren't cringe inducing or anything, like some other films that try to force those type of bits into the mix(Hello Star Wars TLJ), but it still felt out of place to me.

Ah. I get why you wouldn't like it then. I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum, I like those breaks in tension. And I love super dark comedy. I've seen Observe and Report over fifty times and I still laugh about the shooting up heroin in the bathroom stall scene.

Still one of my all time favorite scenes.

Peele is doing the new Twilight Zone and I think that's a great choice. For a debut, Get Out is incredible. If you actually listen to talk about the tiny little nuances it's great. Slavery as an overarching theme without being too in your face was great.

I won't lie I didn't catch the reason why the grandpa/groundskeeper was running the first watch. Granted I can be pretty fucking dumb sometimes.

If you don’t think it’s great then you are just not in with it. People not in with it are nazis.

If you don’t think it’s great then you are just not in with it. People not in with it are nazis.

No, but the movie has been out forever now, and discussed ad nauseum (in this exact way). Those who still have an axe to grind about how mediocre it is, so much so that they start threads about it, are usually just race baiting incels.

I lived in a country that is 99% Japanese and wasn’t allowed in some businesses because I wasn’t Japanese while they ran tv shows devot d to how badly we speak their language for three years but yeah I wouldn’t know what it’s like to not be accepted.

Also

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Not the same situation at all dipshit.

This was your thread you felt the need to make but now I see it's less of a change my mind thread and more sad attempt for human interaction thread. You also had no comment about the movie's themes or symbols so I'll assume you're firmly in the denser than oatmeal camp.

Have a great day champ.

Not the same situation at all dipshit.

This was your thread you felt the need to make but now I see it's less of a change my mind thread and more sad attempt for human interaction thread. You also had no comment about the movie's themes or symbols so I'll assume you're firmly in the denser than oatmeal camp.

Have a great day champ.
Get laid
Seriously

Other movies have done the same thing better. It themes were actually better done in their five minute racist zombie clip on their show. So while the movie is not terrible it isn’t memorable.

Here’s the same movie but better

Last edited:
Back