Gout

lagofala

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am suffering from gout and want to lose weight whilst training and change my life.

Supplement wise, what should i focus on? From what i've read, i should be avoiding protein powder but how then can i build muscle?

Does anyone else have this problem?

i should be avoiding protein powder but how then can i build muscle?

You can't and won't build muscle without supplements. Most gyms are now requiring protein coaches for new memberships.

No one ever built a powerful physique on whole, nutritious food that they grew, hunted, or cooked themselves. Facts.

Watch your sodium intake for the gout.

I personally think fasting / intermittent fasting does wonders for gout

You can't and won't build muscle without supplements. Most gyms are now requiring protein coaches for new memberships.

No one ever built a powerful physique on whole, nutritious food that they grew, hunted, or cooked themselves. Facts.
I've read that I'm supposed to avoid Whey and get plant based supplements. Is that true?

I've read that I'm supposed to avoid Whey and get plant based supplements. Is that true?

Whey protein isn't linked to gout at all from the literature I've seen, only a casual association with high protein intake in general if you've already got some kind of renal impairment that doesn't allow you to adequately filter out all of that uric acid, so plant based protein isn't going to do much good in this case. I haven't seen whey on a high purine food list.

Avoiding processed foods and those containing a lot of purine while making sure you drink plenty of water is usually enough of a lifestyle change to greatly reduce the amount of flares you get. Also losing weight if you're fat is pretty important too.

Back