Gracie Humaita

Hellboy31

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone ever trained here before?

How gringo friendly is the environment?

Does Royler still teach the classes?

Thinking about heading down to Rio for about six months next year... The facility is pretty close to where I'll be staying so I'm trying to get a little feedback from anyone who's trained here before. Also, if anyone has any experience with any other gyms in rio (in Zona Sul), I'd be really interested to hear about your experiences there as well. Thanks!

I think Rolker is teaching there now. I was thinking about checking it out at some point when I get some money. Also my instructor went down there before and he's white so I'm assuming you should be alright.

My friends were down there not too long ago, and they're definitely gringos. Rolker's the main instructor.

Royler is in San Diego now. Not really a main teacher anywhere. He's just surfing and stopping in at Saulo and Xande's place every once in awhile. His main place in SD is the Gracie Competition Team though. Not saying that he WON'T be in Rio next year, just that he's pretty much relocated to San Diego. :wink:

Yeah I heard that he's been spending some time in SD lately.. I'd assume that Rolker is teaching the classes now. Does anyone have any experience with him? Or with any of the other gyms in Zona Sul?

Back