Graphic Evidence Against Steroid Abuse (WIRED)

it seems a perscription isnt that difficult to attain. after seeing how the anti aging clinics go about obtaining hormonal profiles, it would be very easy to make them think you were deficient in HGH, test, etc.... just piss half the day in the bag, and fill it with a few glasses of water....

oh, mr. evilf22, you are at about half what a man your age should have. lets get you on weekly injections of test-enthanate and take these somatropins 3X a day....

is A,B,C the same person because the first pic you can't see that much of it, but the second pic is like WOW.

You are aware that most Athletes who use AAS do obtain Doctor prescriptions, and the scrutiny comes when a Governing body ignorantly deems that Athletic Performance is not a viable reason to use AAS to sustain the ban, correct?

There is yet no law stating that athletic performance is a non-viable reason, it's just what keeps being said when Athletes protest use by saying they have a prescription. It's a very cloudy grey area often used more to empower political agenda, not to save any honor in Sports. No high-profile Athlete has ever been brought up on charges of illegal possession or distribution, let alone jailed on account of AAS use itself. Even Victor Conte couldn't be held to very high charges because his stuff was given with prescriptions.

Banned from Professional Sports is not a Law against use and possession, one does not mean the other. This is why the most Athletes get when caught is suspensions or fines, and not even banned for life because it's so unlawful.

Are you saying that doctors can prescribe anabolic steroids for the sole reason of improving athletic performance?

And that the punishment from sports bodies that is meted out to athletes for anabolic steroid use is unlawful?

I knew a couple guys that wouldnt quit. They injected large amounts for bout a year straight and only stopped cause they lost their source.

whether or not that article is real is one thing...

BUt I know several people on steroids. Some look like there on, others dont..why? Cause it isnt a miracle drug. Who still have to have training and all that good stuff in line ot get results, hormonal aids are just icing on the cake. They will speed gains of course, this assumes a great work ethic and like I said other thgins are in line.

And if those photos are real...you need to remember one thing...there is use and abuse. If i have a headache i might take 3 advil. I wont hammer the whole damn bottle.

Just saw this article on the WIRED website and had to share it. Hope this is the right place on sherdog to do it, since I've never posted on the Dieting forum before.

Know anybody who's using steroids and just won't stop, despite all your good advice?
Then show them this picture. (Potentially NSFW, and gross -- hence its after-the-jump position.)

Photo

Steroidwarning_3 Depicted is a 21-year-old amateur bodybuilder who arrived at a clinic in Dusseldorf, Germany with severe acne on his chest and upper back.

He was a constant user of anabolic-androgenic steroids, of which acne is a side effect -- as is damaged sperm and shrunken testicles, both of which he also possessed.

Doctors ordered the patient to quit steroids and start taking antibiotics. Two months later, the acne was gone. So was the muscle. Only gruesome scarring remained -- and as his doctors wrote last week in the Lancet, that "is likely to remain with the young man for the rest of his life."

source: Graphic Evidence Against Steroid Abuse | Wired Science from Wired.com

I'll take:

What an allergic reaction to tanning lotion looks like, Alex, for $2000.

I do not beleive in steroid use. With that being said I have known alot of guys and a couple of girls that have done it a couple of them went overboard and did have some side affects but, damn thats gotta be one extreme case right there poor kids a poster boy against ste4roid use.

this guy probably had no natural muscle base to begin with and is horribly prone to acne! never seen acne this bad in my life

Back