Great in UFC but nowhere else

That is some of it but Randy was not out of his prime in the fights outside ufc

Neither was Vitor.

There are also plenty of fighters who did well outside the ufc but not their best when in the ufc

ie. Eddie Alvarez
Again whaaaat. Eddie was near the tail end of his career by the time he even got to the UFC. Still picked up multiple ranked wins and became UFC champ.

I agree, this will get alot of old school die-hards upset but I don't consider Rings or Pamcrase mma.

In both Overeem and Inoue fight, he took his opponents down and got subbed inside like half a minute, without a chance to land a punch.

Don't think any org on Earth would change much in those results, he would need better sub defense.

Ilyukhin fight was indeed some weird Rings shit , from what I recall, but those two - nah.

Plus, Inoue fight was in VT Japan, I don't think their rules were particularly weird, they had punches to the head on the ground, too. I think Pederneias butchered Sato with G'n'P same event.

Masvidal to an extent.

Erik Perez had a good record in the UFC but didn't do well once he left in Bellator.

I was wondering when someone would mention Vitor!
He's a perfect example of that

I mean he had some good wins outside the UFC, but his best one was arguably that time in Affliction when the crowd thought he had killed poor Matt "The Law" Lindland :(
(Despite Baroni's claims that there is not such thing as a Matt Lindland fan, I've always rooted for the guy, except for the Fedor fight obviously)

For Vitor, there was also the win over Heath Herring in PRIDE, but since it was a controversial decision, I'm not sure I would call it his greatest win in PRIDE

I've always loved that avatar of yours, turning Joe Higashi into Belfort's blitz mode was perfection.
2004-7 (which probably should've been Vitor's peak) was when his sister got kidnapped and later murdered. He was a mental mess at the time and it showed in his performances. During this time he went 1-2 in the UFC (his only win a flukey one against Couture). He was 3-3 outside the UFC. I'm cutting this period off at Aug. 2007 when someone admitted they took part in the kidnapping/murder and brought closure to the situation.

Outside of that, I don't see any clear patterns. Vitor had a 4-fight win streak in Pride in 2000-1 then came back to the UFC and lost to Lidell.

Which fighters did great in the UFC but not good or even horrible outside of the UFC?

Randy Couture

Who are some others?

Lmfao at Randy only being good in the UFC .

Randy Couture had the most transferable skill set of any fighter in MMA history regardless of location and era . .. a Prime Randy in Todays age is likely be a top 5 HW if not champion and would likely be LHW champion as well if competed at that weight...

Just cuz he beat Vitor,Rizzo and Gongzaga, and ricco Rodriguez doesnt mean u gotta hate like this bro..

You dont become a 5 time world champion by luck

Lmfao at Randy only being good in the UFC .

Randy Couture had the most transferable skill set of any fighter in MMA history regardless of location and era . .. a Prime Randy in Todays age is likely be a top 5 HW if not champion and would likely be LHW champion as well if competed at that weight...

Just cuz he beat Vitor,Rizzo and Gongzaga, and ricco Rodriguez doesnt mean u gotta hate like this bro..

You dont become a 5 time world champion by luck

He literally lost every time he stepped out of the cage lol

It's not about hating. It's just interesting how that is for some fighters.

Vitor is another one who did squat outside the UFC

Chuck might even be considered here.

He won all but 1 match in Pride but he had more trouble in all of his pride wins vs any of his UFC wins up until he just fell off

Back