great job by the ref here (brutal KO)

Need more referees like that.

common practice in thailand.
Referees in Thailand are superhuman. The way they throw their leg out to stop incoming kicks and catch KO'ed fighters is insane. And also the way they throw themselves in to stop fights like a bodyguard taking a bullet for the client. Watch at 4:30:

Amazing...he caught the fighter's head to prevent it from smacking on the floor. Let's see Big John McCarthy do that.

Referees in Thailand are superhuman. The way they throw their leg out to stop incoming kicks and catch KO'ed fighters is insane. And also the way they throw themselves in to stop fights like a bodyguard taking a bullet for the client. Watch at 4:30:

this goes back to refs that actually competed in said sport so they know what they are doing where as here in the states a majority of the refs are like "yeah I saw it on tv once" or at best they used to train (not fight) in some other martial art thats "similar"

this goes back to refs that actually competed in said sport so they know what they are doing where as here in the states a majority of the refs are like "yeah I saw it on tv once" or at best they used to train (not fight) in some other martial art thats "similar"

It must also have to do a bit with the style, no? I'm no expert, so someone feel free to son me if I'm wrong, but muay thai fights tend to occur at a more stable range. The explosions occur more in the striking techniques than in fighter mobility. In MMA, a fight may drive for a takedown, covering 10 feet in a quarter second. Even in Western kickboxing, the lack of clinch seems to result in a lot more movement around the ring.

It must also have to do a bit with the style, no? I'm no expert, so someone feel free to son me if I'm wrong, but muay thai fights tend to occur at a more stable range. The explosions occur more in the striking techniques than in fighter mobility. In MMA, a fight may drive for a takedown, covering 10 feet in a quarter second. Even in Western kickboxing, the lack of clinch seems to result in a lot more movement around the ring.

yeah all sports have their differences, MMA isnt boxing, isnt muay thai, even thouh MMA and Muay Thai both use boxing.

Thats why if the ref is going to ref muay thai, ref should have fought muay thai, if its boxing, ref should have fougth boxing, MMA, ref should have fought MMA, so on and so forth.

Back