Greatest mid-fight adjustment in MMA history?

Brilliant work by Stipe the way he broke DC down. You can see the tide turning shot by shot.

Along similar lines Fedor switching to the body vs Fujita.
We're talking about needing to find a way to win a fight here pal.

Against Fujita Fedor just needed to find a way not to lose cause Fujita's a fucking can. And yet he still nearly did.

We're talking about needing to find a way to win a fight here pal.

Against Fujita Fedor just needed to find a way not to lose cause Fujita's a fucking can. And yet he still nearly did.
Calm yourself.

Calm yourself.
tumblr_n0ivjzUdqp1sdqajoo1_400.gif

The adjustment he should've made was not getting caught by a can.

Trying to think of examples of this is actually making me realise how shit most MMA fighters are at adapting. These dudes will just keep trying to do the same shit for 5 rounds even if it isn't working at all.
Andre Soukhamthath not moving away from nor letting O'Malley stand back up after the latter injured his leg (which would've ended the fight) and subsequently losing the fight by decision was one of the most frustratingly bad moments in fight I.Q. that I've ever seen.

Stipe was borderline getting dominated. This was the fight that came to mind when I saw the thread. Huge comeback.

Volk vs Holloway 2.
Volk lost the first 2 rounds due to knockdowns, adjusted and won the next three rounds.
It was a very close fight.

But yeah, Stipe vs DC 2 is most likely the best adjustment in UFC history.
Especially considering that adjustment lead to a finish and that DC was undefeated at HW prior to that fight.

Yes, add to this the fact Stipe is THE legendary UFC HW Champ, and won his title (and reputation) back, in devastating fashion.

The other fights mentioned are flyshit by comparison.

Alan Belcher getting into a leg lock grappling match with Palharres, defending his submissions, then getting position on him and the tko win

Back