Green Bay Packers 2024: The Power of Love

Damnit i was very ready to be done with Mr Only Good For Half A Season
He might not make the team either way, the deal is so cheap lol. Maybe I'd still like them to address RB in the Top 100 if someone they are high on falls to them, we will see. JJ+Dillon+Rookie+Em. Wilson on the PS would be nice.

looool, good thing they turned over almost the entire defensive coaching staff

On another note, I don't like that the Packers haven't attacked the Safety and ILB position more as of now. Getting the best Safety out there and generally a Top 5ish is awesome, but they have McKinney and AJJ, that is it. At ILB they have Quay Walker and McDuffie. Draft isn't strong at either position, do something ffs. I really don't want them to take an ILB high because the hit rate at that position is a disaster, almost no one really works out and so far they are having that experience with Quay as well. O-Line depth is also still a major issue ('cause there is NONE), but it's a deep O-Line draft at least.

looool, good thing they turned over almost the entire defensive coaching staff

On another note, I don't like that the Packers haven't attacked the Safety and ILB position more as of now. Getting the best Safety out there and generally a Top 5ish is awesome, but they have McKinney and AJJ, that is it. At ILB they have Quay Walker and McDuffie. Draft isn't strong at either position, do something ffs. I really don't want them to take an ILB high because the hit rate at that position is a disaster, almost no one really works out and so far they are having that experience with Quay as well. O-Line depth is also still a major issue ('cause there is NONE), but it's a deep O-Line draft at least.

Honestly, I'm not surprised with how the team has handled the Safety and ILB positions. I've said it before and until I'm proven wrong I will continue to say it - GB just doesn't know how to build a legit defensive unit. One of the biggest reasons is having Favre and Rodgers carrying the load on offense for so long; thus causing the organization to drag their feet in regards to actually focusing on the other side of the ball.

Elite defensive units don't really stay dominant for a long time anymore either. I say continue to give Love more support on offense. Add some o-line depth and draft a really good RB prospect in the mid rounds. I'm not opposed to another second round wideout if the value/talent is there to be had. GB will never be in a position to win a title with a team that has an elite defense and say a ball control/time of possession style offense anyways. I almost don't care about run defense anymore. Almost. Pair Jaire with another legit corner, retool the Safety position over the next two drafts and actually get some pass rushers who can take over multiple games in the post-season. Gary can't do it by himself, but outside of the Thanksgiving game against the Lions last year and that 2021 divisional round game against the Niners; he is just a guy. Van Ness could be his running mate. Only time will tell.

Honestly, I'm not surprised with how the team has handled the Safety and ILB positions. I've said it before and until I'm proven wrong I will continue to say it - GB just doesn't know how to build a legit defensive unit. One of the biggest reasons is having Favre and Rodgers carrying the load on offense for so long; thus causing the organization to drag their feet in regards to actually focusing on the other side of the ball.

Elite defensive units don't really stay dominant for a long time anymore either. I say continue to give Love more support on offense. Add some o-line depth and draft a really good RB prospect in the mid rounds. I'm not opposed to another second round wideout if the value/talent is there to be had. GB will never be in a position to win a title with a team that has an elite defense and say a ball control/time of possession style offense anyways. I almost don't care about run defense anymore. Almost. Pair Jaire with another legit corner, retool the Safety position over the next two drafts and actually get some pass rushers who can take over multiple games in the post-season. Gary can't do it by himself, but outside of the Thanksgiving game against the Lions last year and that 2021 divisional round game against the Niners; he is just a guy. Van Ness could be his running mate. Only time will tell.

I agree that they shouldn't make the same mistake as they did with Rodgers and just only draft defense (especially high) and slowly but surely let the offense die. That definitely shouldn't happen again. Keep adding to the offense as well, especially at O-Line and cheap RBs >>> signing them to big deals.

However, the way of only stacking pass rush and corner absolutely hasn't worked out. Sure those are the most important positions, but if you can't defend the rund AND you are giving up easy/quick completitions over the middle of the field (Nickel, ILB, Safety), you'll rarely get the opposition off the field. If the Packers stay weak on run D and in the MOF, the defense will look bad no matter who is DC.

I agree that they shouldn't make the same mistake as they did with Rodgers and just only draft defense (especially high) and slowly but surely let the offense die. That definitely shouldn't happen again. Keep adding to the offense as well, especially at O-Line and cheap RBs >>> signing them to big deals.

However, the way of only stacking pass rush and corner absolutely hasn't worked out. Sure those are the most important positions, but if you can't defend the rund AND you are giving up easy/quick completitions over the middle of the field (Nickel, ILB, Safety), you'll rarely get the opposition off the field. If the Packers stay weak on run D and in the MOF, the defense will look bad no matter who is DC.

It would really be nice to have just one special ILB/MLB though. Seriously. One of those guys that plays for a decade.

I can dream, brother.

Ugh, whenever we lose in the playoffs to the Niners it seems like such a long off-season.

The draft can't come soon enough.

Why the bleep are any teams going to play in Brazil?

Why?

Are they going to feed carrots to buses??
Haha, Packers seem to have a lot of fans there. More money for the Pack = good. Plus it is now not an away game at Philly, probably more like a home atmosphere and since it is Friday, they get a little more rest than a Sunday to Sunday schedule (tho also longer flights etc.).

Haha, Packers seem to have a lot of fans there. More money for the Pack = good. Plus it is now not an away game at Philly, probably more like a home atmosphere and since it is Friday, they get a little more rest than a Sunday to Sunday schedule (tho also longer flights etc.).

No it's stupid.

No it's stupid.
I probably have a different perspective being from Europe and being happy that games are played here now every year. :) Can understand US Fans being pissed, especially when it means losing a home game.

Gross, any idea what time the game will be? I remember getting up super early for that game against the Giants in England back in 2022. Never again, lol.

This

Also, yeah the Brazil game is due to GB's popularity. I just worry about how the field will be.
Soccer takes field conditions actually seriously, so I expect the ground to be far better than the vast majority of NFL grass fields, let alone the artificial turf bullshit.

(unless they do something weird for that one NFL game, for whatever reason)

GettyImages-2148059476-e1712762659327.jpg

Back