Greg Hardy already looking to jump ship to another A-Level sport

I feel obliged to say whenever I see this that Brock Lesnar was never, ever in the NFL Combine. Not even once. Trust me, I've checked the website for the years 2003-2008 and there was never a Brock Lesnar there. Whether or not Lesnar is a better athlete, and he absolutely is, you can not use these supposed Combine stats for anything in supporting Lesnar's cause because they are literally just pulled out of thin air.
True facts. Well done sir.
2004 NFL Combine results

He will get fed cans he can knockout in the first round, and they will ride his hype machine for cash until he finally meets his match.

Love this assumption NFL players are all A Level athletes but top level MMA fighters or boxers are not. I like the NFL, not that much the last 2 weeks (Steelers Fan), but in general you need short bursts of cardio/power/energy for 10 sec plays and a lot of rest during the game. Boxing is 3 min non stop rounds for potential 12 rounds and MMA 3 to 5 5 min rounds, different cardio and abilities needed to be the top of either but I would certainly call top boxers or MMA fighters A Level. Lol thinking Conor is C Level but a defensive end is naturally an A Level athlete and suited for a game where sustained cardio is needed for 5 5 minute rounds in MMA (to be a successful champion - can't really expect to KO everyone inside the distance) or 12 3 minute rounds in Boxing.

People do not train and do not improve.
;)
Michael Jordan would have been a MLB player in a few years even with his late start, but b your logic, this shouldnt work.

My uncle is a talent scout here in germany (soccer) and even he knows, that they dont always get the best athletes.

He would appreciate that very much to get some athletes from the NFL or NBA.

We have even lost a talented 12 y/o soccer guy to boxing.

I don’t care if you said F level, the comparison is still garbage. Mcgregor fought and got his ass kicked by a retired boxer in a gimmicky money grab sparring match that wasn’t even competitive. How is that proof that Greg Hardy can step in and compete with the elite HW’s of today? Sure, if I’m drawing up a blitz scheme, I want Greg Hardy. But he isn’t competing with the best boxers today. Not with so little training.

Greg hardy isn't even competing with even close to UFC level yet either, he is facing the equivalent of the bottom of the barrell local promo guys (atleast so far) that you would never usually see because of their skill level. The very last guy Greg hardy beat was a F level fattie who was 5 wins 5 losses in his amateurs.. most of the guys the fat guy lost to were also really fat guys and if you watched them fight, they basically had 0 skills and were like barfighters..that says it all.. Then the guy won 3 pro fights and faced Greg.. The UFC are trying to give Greg a shot and build him, so it sounds good that his opponent was 3/0, but since i watched his opponents past fights, and it was almost a 100% guaranteed win for Greg, simply because his opponent was that unimpressive.

Greg has to be careful not to come in like he did against his last opponent , if he faces actual strikers of any capacity, I saw chances where he could have got dinged right on the chin with head head pulled back (a good way to get KO'd) but i'm interested to see how he progresses. Someone like Mark hunt or many other UFC fighters would have been side stepping out the way and landing counter shots to the chin, and we don't know how Greg takes a shot yet.

Just bare in mind they will keep feeding him some fairly low skilled opponents that he is supposed to beat guys :) The guys hes faced so far are not even remotely close to the level of the 'shallow HW division' as you put it! Not even half the level of skill. You'd never ever know who they were or see them on TV because they are THAT low level. You'd know this if you properly researched them and watched their past fights.

Last edited:
I feel obliged to say whenever I see this that Brock Lesnar was never, ever in the NFL Combine. Not even once. Trust me, I've checked the website for the years 2003-2008 and there was never a Brock Lesnar there. Whether or not Lesnar is a better athlete, and he absolutely is, you can not use these supposed Combine stats for anything in supporting Lesnar's cause because they are literally just pulled out of thin air.

Also, Hardy is an incredibly stiff, awkward fighter who will never crack the Top 10 unless he's spoon fed solid style matchups/guys that suck. We're talking the Ruan Potts/Anthony Hamilton-level of UFC fighters. It's a shallow division, but the guys at the top can actually fight, unlike Hardy.

I dont know if you saw his fights but hes faster than 99% of HWs and he has power and already looks better than guys like Mitrione or Nelson

I dont know if you saw his fights but hes faster than 99% of HWs and he has power and already looks better than guys like Mitrione or Nelson

mitrione is H level by NFL standards and B-C level by MMA standards.

Brock Lesnar = B+ level athlete.

do the math.

Amazed that after seeing Francis and till get derailed people are still willing to jump on the next Hype-train.

His hands only look so good because of the pitiful level he's facing. Not even lower teir ufc but lower teir local show guys. Of course he looks decent facing them. Most Sherdoggers would look good facing this level of opposition.

First decent opponent he faces he crumbles.

He's just trying to get publicity. Deontay Wilder and Fury don't even know who the blue world this Greg Hardy is. To them, he is some bum who can't draw.
You serious? Deontay sure as hell knows who he is, he’s a football fan.

The pay in boxing is shit too unless you make it to the top, and his chances of making it to the top in boxing are much slimmer than in mma, so he better pump the brakes on that

What's wrong with NFL players? One of those idiots said he could crack the NHL with 6 month training, despite never having skated: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...er-saying-he-could-make-league-in-six-months/

An Olympic-level gymnast with no skating experience would have as much chance becoming an Olympic-level figure skater in 6 months. Of course, no gymnast would ever claim such a thing because they are not retards.

I do hope the idiot follows through. It's going to be marvelous.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The pay in boxing is shit too unless you make it to the top, and his chances of making it to the top in boxing are much slimmer than in mma, so he better pump the brakes on that
Conor McGregor made $100 million for his first pro boxing fight. Hardy can probably get a nice little deal for himself.

What's wrong with NFL players? One of those idiots said he could crack the NHL with 6 month training, despite never having skated: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...er-saying-he-could-make-league-in-six-months/

An Olympic-level gymnast with no skating experience would have as much chance becoming an Olympic-level figure skater in 6 months. Of course, no gymnast would ever claim such a thing because they are not retards.

I do hope the idiot follows through. It's going to be marvelous.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

That may well be the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone involved in football saying. The guy can't even skate and he's gonna play in the pro's in 6 months? Sorry mack, the skills required in hockey take years and years to develop to get to a basic level of competency. To play in the NHL is insanely difficult and no football player is capable of making the transition.

He ain't faster than JDS, Overeem, Mitrione, Ngannou, Volkov, Stipe, DC or any other credible HW I can think of. He in no way, shape or form looks better than Nelson or Mitrione, unless you're talking about a swimsuit competition. He plods forward, throws stiff as hell shots with his arms as rigid as possible, and puts absolute scrubs away with his chin just hanging out there. He is not particularly fast. The one thing he has is power. He will not be the success that so many Americans want him to be.

In all honesty, he'll probably fizzle out and continue the Arena Football thing... or get picked up by the Raiders. He's a large football player, but the skill gap in martial arts is too big for him to cross at this stage of his life.

UFC should set up Alexander Emeilanenko vs Greg Hardy in Russia. The headline will say one man raped his maid and went to prison, the other beat up his girlfriend and got domestic assault charges. It will sell it self that event.

Love this assumption NFL players are all A Level athletes but top level MMA fighters or boxers are not. I like the NFL, not that much the last 2 weeks (Steelers Fan), but in general you need short bursts of cardio/power/energy for 10 sec plays and a lot of rest during the game. Boxing is 3 min non stop rounds for potential 12 rounds and MMA 3 to 5 5 min rounds, different cardio and abilities needed to be the top of either but I would certainly call top boxers or MMA fighters A Level. Lol thinking Conor is C Level but a defensive end is naturally an A Level athlete and suited for a game where sustained cardio is needed for 5 5 minute rounds in MMA (to be a successful champion - can't really expect to KO everyone inside the distance) or 12 3 minute rounds in Boxing.
1. Lol at lumping in MMA with boxing. Top boxers are much more respected as athletes than MMA fighters.
2. I bet most defensive ends in the NFL run faster than Conor McGregor and are better at touch butt movement training than he is as well. And they are close to tree times his size.

Good ts maybe your dumbass can watch that instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartaa
Back