GSP at 155 loses to Khabib just like TJ lost to Cejudo

Don't think it is unreasonable to say GSP should have to fight at least one top 4 Lightweight contender before he's allowed to fight Khabib. ATM if he fights Khabib and gets destroyed TJ-Cejudo style it proves absolutely nothing, cause we have no idea what GSP is like at Lightweight. Did we know how good TJ is like in Flyweight, and how big of an achievement it was for Cejudo to beat him?
If the GSP-Khabib fight actually happens, which is something I'm beginning to doubt, Dana will definitely force GSP to fight a top 5 fighter for the nr.1 contender spot, he has already said so. Now, I have a hard time imagining GSP agreeing to this, but we'll see.

Khabib walks around at 200 fat and healthy. Source is his father.

Why would his father have scales that measure in pounds?
He can't get into the US and the US is the only place that uses pounds.

And when was the last time you weighed yourself in front of your father?

GSP has never and will never fight at 155.

lmao gsp would never make 155 in a healthy way... he is a smart guy who wouldn’t risk going down looking like shit...

Maybe. Maybe not. George walks around at 183 now, which is less than Khabib, he could probably make 155 relatively safely. That being said I'd prefer they'd meet at 165, that would be optimal.

LOL. There's a reason Georges has never fought at 155 because he can't make the weight. He will never fight at 155. Biggest lie spread in MMA is that GSP can make 155. Just stop.

It's not even about the weight cut; GSP would lose to Khabib at this stage of his career. This is the first thread in which there hasn't been clear cut support for GSP in that matchup. I always got shut down for suggesting it would be Khabib.

We need 165.

Despite GSP being lean, disciplined, not a good idea to cut 28 pounds at 37 yo, first time in a career.

You're saying Khabib would finish him in 30 seconds op? Khabib cant even finish a diet.

{<huh}

It's more like DC going down to lhw and having close fights with Jones. We all know what would happen to Jones at hw. GSP doesn't really fit the model because Khabib and GSP are very similar in size.

GSP is the goat
Having said that I think he probably loses to Khabib, Conor, and AI.
He could probably beat Ferguson and lee.

Georges has his silly little way with Khabib. You'll never see Khabib any more frustrated then he will be in his life against the greatest fighter to ever grace the Octagon.

Are you on crack? GSP is king at beating one dimensional fighters.
GSP is king of beating all types of fighters, but he has lost a step and I think a weight cut would be too much for him and he would have a huge speed disadvantage.

His jab would not help him against Conor, he would probably get clipped coming in for a takedown.
Khabib would rag doll him because of his size, and he would have a bigger gas tank at 155.
I have been wrong before tho.

If the GSP-Khabib fight actually happens, which is something I'm beginning to doubt, Dana will definitely force GSP to fight a top 5 fighter for the nr.1 contender spot, he has already said so. Now, I have a hard time imagining GSP agreeing to this, but we'll see.

GSP has won 13 consecutive fights, 11 of those being title fights, at two different weight divisions. Making Georges "prove himself" is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Back