Media GSP: ''Burns will submit Khamzat in the second round''

Love GSP as a fighter and like all other fighters, I don't value their opinions over my own when it comes to pretldicting fight outcomes

They're all biased for variety of reasons... darnn near all of them

Khamzat is coming for Georges' status. I think the only thing that will stop khamzat is the weight cuts forcing him to 185

Time-stamp: 3:12

GSP surprised me tbh, I think Khamzat's size, power and his wrestling will be too much for Burns, and I think Khamzat will win.

We may visit this thread again after the fight.

giphy.gif

Be prepared to eat your words when Khamzat KO's him GSP.

Khamzat is 6.2 (vs 5.10 @ Burns) with a 4 inch reach advantage.

Now, the guy with the advantages doesn't always win, of course, but when you're vs. two guys at high level and one has these advantages... it's odds on. Burns is going to sleep.

... That said, man would I feel disappointed and fooled if Chimmy just gets crushed by Burns. Probably gonna have to stop watching MMA for a while if that happens.
I would be horrified at my assessment skills. 2nd guess everything for a while.

Didnt chimev beet meershart, who is a weight class above and a better grappler than burns?
Also, Im actually looking forward to this event, can't remember the last time that happened. By default it'll probably suck now.....

Hmm... GSP is pretty good with his predictions as far as I know too.

Don't see how Burns is ever going to win this, Burns isn't very big for the weightclass, suspect chin. Khamzat is huge and got big power.

Very often retired great fighters are worried about upcoming phenoms eclipsing their legacies and that may be what we're seeing here.
^^^ dime store psychology at it's best.

And it is possible if kham had a rough weight cut, tries for the finish but does not get it and is fatigued by round 2.

^^^ dime store psychology at it's best.

And it is possible if kham had a rough weight cut, tries for the finish but does not get it and is fatigued by round 2.

IMO last thing on earth is that Khamzat will get tired, did you see his training with Till?

Well it seems GSP and Olivier aubin mercier know something that we don’t guys , I remember that gsp used to spar on the ground with burns , there was even a rumour saying that burns eventually submitted gsp once. Interesting from the goat !

I don't know if it's me, but I hear GSP say "Dern" (Mackenzie Dern), not Burns. Listen closely

Meh, GSP also picked Conor to beat Poirier in the rematches

These khamzat fans are about 1000000 million times worse then Conor nut hangers, atleast Conor has three belts there's going to be alot of egg on people's faces come tonight

Burns is a high level black belt. I don’t see him out-striking Khamzat on the feet and I don’t see him stopping takedowns. His real shot at winning is catching a triangle or an armbar from his back.

GSP is too busy doing podcasts and being a fitness model on IG. Don't think he even think he follows the sport of UFC anymore.

Back