GSP ,,retiring for good?

OlderMan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Personally I would Love to see GSP retire for good. I never thought he would come back . I always thought it was a ploy to get more $$ from sponsors. That said. I AM HAPPY I WAS WRONG.

and.

I'd love to see him retire for good. IMO he has made bank... Enough to Retire Wealthy. Why fuk up your brains for More WORTHLESS $$$ .. enough is enough.

I bet he would be an amazing instructor as he is Student and Fighter..

Smart... Understanding of the psychology of fighting. Technically Brilliant.

I hate seeing guys become braindead ala Diego Sanchez. Unfortunately I don't see diego being able to do anything else..

The UFC's backlash....? >>fuk-em. Time to lead a Strike?...maybe?...This is another topic for sure.

tenor.gif

Agree TS, I was impressed with his comeback performance but would like to see him retire. He has clearly lost a step and does not need to take anymore damage. Hopefully he was wise with his $ and can retire.

Personally I would Love to see GSP retire for good. I never thought he would come back . I always thought it was a ploy to get more $$ from sponsors. That said. I AM HAPPY I WAS WRONG.

and.

I'd love to see him retire for good. IMO he has made bank... Enough to Retire Wealthy. Why fuk up your brains for More WORTHLESS $$$ .. enough is enough.

I hate seeing guys become braindead ala Diego Sanchez. Unfortunately I don't see diego being able to do anything else..

The UFC's backlash....? >>fuk-em. Time to lead a Strike?...maybe?...This is another topic for sure.

Can we get Anderson fight first?

I don't think GSP took that much damage in his career, he should have a few fights left in him.

I'm more worried for fighters like Struve, Bigfoot etc.

GSP should be fine... except some alien abductions maybe...

I don't think GSP took that much damage in his career, he should have a few fights left in him.

I'm more worried for fighters like Struve, Bigfoot etc.

GSP should be fine... except some alien abductions maybe...
YES AND no to the more fights in him....sure he could. I agree and ...Retiring WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD IS ALMOST A FIRST FOR A MMA ATHLETE. He is smart... Hopefully he can rein in any desire to continue fighting.

Special attraction fighter. He has the power to sit and wait until HE wants to fight. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him for 8-12 months.

Hes not fighting for money

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm IT IS A FACTOR................... take away MegaBucks AND HE WILL NOT FIGHT.. The fact he does not NEED the $$$ does NOT mean $$$$$$ is not a factor. Does he like to fight..? sure.. he must love to fight to be honest. AND $$$$$ is where the rubber hits the road AND imo THE DECIDING FACTOR.. after his desire to fight. (The desire to fight is a given in ANY fighter,IMO)

Realistically, Whittaker and Woodley are both guys he could beat. It almost makes sense for him to fight Whittaker and if he wins that fight Woodley and THEN retire.

Two more big money fights, defending the MW strap at least once and winning back his WW belt would be pretty amazing. The guy is already the GOAT but two more fights would pretty much guarantee his legacy as it would be hard to see anyone else do that.

I want to see McGregor fight Ferguson and GSP fight Whittaker next or I will never again talk to people about the UFC as a sports organization. Why the fuck is this even being discussed, it should be a no-brainer.

Fuck the idiots that want to see "accomplishments" on their favourite fighters resume rather than the best fighting the best. The emphasis should be on the fights, not some shitty PR moves about how to get the most attention or how high the "stock" of a fighter is. This media circus about who or what the GOAT is really got out of hand.

It's all because of the greedy UFC lowballing their fighters and because of lazy, lousy MMA journalism. Those twisted fucks will do anything for a few bucks and clicks.

GSP vs Maia classy retirement fight please.

Agree TS, I was impressed with his comeback performance but would like to see him retire. He has clearly lost a step and does not need to take anymore damage. Hopefully he was wise with his $ and can retire.

Clearly lost a step? Jesus fuck.

Why don't we watch a few fights before we determine something like that. Im more inclined to believe a variety of factors caused a slower/tired version of GSP. Weight gain, ring rust, adrenaline, fighting for the belt agaisnt a relentless cardio freak... definitely not because he lost a step.

He finished the MW champ. I think hes gained a step..

Clearly lost a step? Jesus fuck.

Why don't we watch a few fights before we determine something like that. Im more inclined to believe a variety of factors caused a slower/tired version of GSP. Weight gain, ring rust, adrenaline, fighting for the belt agaisnt a relentless cardio freak... definitely not because he lost a step.

He finished the MW champ. I think hes gained a step..

Actually, it was pretty clear he has lost a step. He fought a 38 yr. guy on the tail end of his career and was fading badly. I'm a big GSP fan and feel Woodley or Whittaker would beat him and I do not want to see it.

The only fight left for GSP, imo, is McGregor. A big $ fight he has a chance of winning.

and.

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Realistically, Whittaker and Woodley are both guys he could beat. It almost makes sense for him to fight Whittaker and if he wins that fight Woodley and THEN retire.

Two more big money fights, defending the MW strap at least once and winning back his WW belt would be pretty amazing. The guy is already the GOAT but two more fights would pretty much guarantee his legacy as it would be hard to see anyone else do that.

This is almost correct. After he fought Whittaker and Woodley, he would do the biggest money fight.........Conor. then retire.

Back