GSP Takedowns (GIF)

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Been working on some GIFS lately. And since there have been a lot of talk about Khabib vs GSP, I decided to make a gif showcasing GSP's takedown ability.

Best double legger in UFC history imo. His timing is impeccable.

It took a while since I used bits from different fights. There are so many more but unfourtunately I could only make the gif 15 seconds long.

giphy.gif

GSP would dump Khabib on his stupid head like he did everyone else.

I think Khabib has superior GnP, but there is no question that Georges takedown ability is unmatched. Levels above Khabib's

Best MMA wrestler ever, with no wrestling background.

Let you know how much that guy is dedicated to his craft.

Two things:
His transitions are smooth and quick. In these exchanges you can tell the defender does not expect it. That is saying a lot since that is what made GSP so dangerous.
Secondly, his striking was all about looking the same no matter if he was going to jab, superjab, or shoot.

These two make him difficult to predict.

I think Khabib has superior GnP, but there is no question that Georges takedown ability is unmatched. Levels above Khabib's

This.

If they do fight and GSP is still in shape - which he should be, but you never know at this age and new weight class - we are going to have a fuckig brilliant fight.

GSP is no quitter and has a better skillset than any of Khabibs opponents. Killer fight.

Except.

It will turn out GSP is too old for this shit and khabib will do with him what he has done to his other opponents. Surprisingly with the exception of Ragig Al and Tibau

It would have been better showing him take down Penn then Condit

Nice work all in all

It's either GSP or Jones as the best wrestler imo

This.

If they do fight and GSP is still in shape - which he should be, but you never know at this age and new weight class - we are going to have a fuckig brilliant fight.

GSP is no quitter and has a better skillset than any of Khabibs opponents. Killer fight.

Except.

It will turn out GSP is too old for this shit and khabib will do with him what he has done to his other opponents. Surprisingly with the exception of Ragig Al and Tibau

ef8.jpg

If Raging Al gave him tough time,
GSP will 50-45 him even at 80% of his former self.

Yeah, and Khabib aint taking him down either...

giphy.gif

ef8.jpg

If Raging Al gave him tough time,
GSP will 50-45 him even at 80% of his former self.
What I mean is that Al defended the takedowns pretty well and it was an obvious win for Khabib tho.

Al took the fight surprisingly well.

Two things:
His transitions are smooth and quick. In these exchanges you can tell the defender does not expect it. That is saying a lot since that is what made GSP so dangerous.
Secondly, his striking was all about looking the same no matter if he was going to jab, superjab, or shoot.

These two make him difficult to predict.
It would have sucked to have had to fight prime gsp. I still think he can beat khabib. Even tyron, but i think georges does to take the risk of fighting him. A little shooketh i think he is

The GSP who fought Bisping isn't the GSP in the gif.
GIF GSP beats Khabib (at 170) but I'm not so sure about the current version and I'm not sure he can or ever could make 155.

Yeah, and Khabib aint taking him down either...

giphy.gif
Nice find. He did a similar thing with Shields I believe. It looked even more impressive than this one. I might have to do a gif of some takedown defense also.

Look a case can be made that Khabib can take him down now. But then?? No.. GSP was a higher level athlete.. And even when he got taken down, he was up right away..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwaszak
Back