GSP took the Bisping fight because a loss to Woodley would be bad for his legacy

If Gsp and Woodley fought

I would need 6 cans of monster, a gram of Coke and some really complex carbohydrates

To get me through the 1st round

They
And getting his ass kicked by them as well. Fedor went to SF took the beating of his life, then went back to Russia for more can crushing.

They don't even watch him in Russia. Last time I was over there one of his fights was on live in a bar and nobody paid attention when he was fighting.

That's how far gone he is.

It was some local Russian show and it was live. No fucks where given that the "great fedor" was fighting in Russia of all damn places

The Diaz's have always had a disproportionate fan base compared to their records, and the name recognition that comes with it.

One way to test your theory is to you look at the (admittedly unofficial) PPV numbers for GSP's fights. If they are constant you'll be right, its just about GSP. But if they vary then its impossible not to conclude that who he is fighting is also an element.
GSP always had good numbers. Condit vs Diaz was a low selling PPV. GSP vs Condit and GSP vs Diaz both did very well.

GSP always had good numbers. Condit vs Diaz was a low selling PPV. GSP vs Condit and GSP vs Diaz both did very well.
Now that you mention it, that's a great example of how awesome GSP was, his fight vs. Carlos Condit, imo

I mean I get it, some guys just don't like GSP, and I thought he had some boring fights too, but man, his fight with Condit, he showed great heart, he took that headkick and came back, and beat a very good fighter in Condit. Condit's one of those guys that, a few points here and there, and he would've been a champion himself.

Just my two cents.

LOL,
the great, so hard to beat, Condit.

Everybody loses.
1rlPc.gif

Much, much harder than beating Arlovski.
Fedor took the HW equivalent of Maia at the time, Big Nog, and battered him TWICE!

Much harder than anything GSP ever done. A much higher level than anything that ever graced the super-dieters at WW.

Fedor, Jones, Silva, Aldo, Conor, MM, Shogun, Wanderley, Liddel, Hendo, Nog all GOATS above GSP.

GSP struggles to make 20th on a real list.

Now that you mention it, that's a great example of how awesome GSP was, his fight vs. Carlos Condit, imo

I mean I get it, some guys just don't like GSP, and I thought he had some boring fights too, but man, his fight with Condit, he showed great heart, he took that headkick and came back, and beat a very good fighter in Condit. Condit's one of those guys that, a few points here and there, and he would've been a champion himself.

Just my two cents.
Condit clearly beat Lawler, possibly worst robbery I have ever seen in a title fight.

His legacy is just fine, even if he loses to Bisping or Woodley.
He could lose his next 5 and his record is still stellar.
His current record is 25-2!

He said he'd retire if he loses.
But I'd love to see him do a couple fun matchups, non-title related.
Would love to see him fight a couple of the bigger LW at a CW, or at 170. Especially Khabib or Tony.
A fight with Platinum Mike would be fun.
Also, a fight with Machida at MW would be great.

LOL,
the great, so hard to beat, Condit.

Look at his record. He is. Run down the top 5 at WW and past Woodley and Maia tell me who is there that is any good? GSP would smash everyone in his prime without any issue. Cowboy is ranked 6th. GSP used to beat him up in training every day.

GSP was willing to fight Hughes and pre-USADA Hendricks but you think he's scared of fighting Woodley?

Look at his record. He is. Run down the top 5 at WW and past Woodley and Maia tell me who is there that is any good? GSP would smash everyone in his prime without any issue. Cowboy is ranked 6th. GSP used to beat him up in training every day.

I never said WW got A LOT better. It was absolute crap when GSP "reigned" (lol), not he wouldn't go past Maia, Woodley and the newly arrived RDA. Maia submits GSP 11/10 times.

Of course he used to beat Cerrone: he made a living out of beating smaller men.

Back