GSP vs. Bobby Knucles IS the fight to make at MW!

The whole Silva vs. GSP train left the station years ago and I keep hearing the possibility of this fight taking place. Why? Silva is a shell of himself and GSP has spoken publicly of his distaste for steroid use in MMA so put juicy Spider against him? Whittaker is in his prime and GSP is the GOAT so why not make this fight? PPV numbers would be good for todays standards (800k?) and Bobby would get a nice pay day which he deserves. It's the fight to make at this point.
WjSJffE.jpg

SEQieN6.jpg

It would. That's why it is the fight to MAKE. Who else would we like Bobby to fight? If GSP beat Whittaker there would be no doubt who is the GOAT.

I had no problem seeing Whittaker fight either Rockhold or weidman. Both would be entertaining fights.

Whittaker has two top 5 middleweight that be hasn't fought yet plus add gastelum to the mix.

Name a fight or fighter who GSP has failed to take someone down

Big Rigg was able to stop them and put hands on him. Robert has impecable MMA TDD and is a very accurate striker. The fact that Bisping was able to catch GSP with some hands says everything I need to see that Robert is superior fighter at this point in both of their respective careers.

Now prime GSP vs WW Reaper, GSP all day.

GSP wants easy fights. He doesn't want any true MW contender....he vacated for a reason.

Not a 2-division champ if you don't even try to defend once.

I have no interest in Whittaker at all. He reminds me of Miocic or other bland, boring champs who don't have that "it" factor and don't seem all that special, they are just younger than the old men in their division. Plus, I think Romero clearly beat him in their last fight. Even though Anderson is washed up, I'd watch him vs GSP or GSP vs Conor if GSP just wants a money fight to retire on, and an easy win for him. Basically pull a Mayweather.

I have no interest in Whittaker at all. He reminds me of Miocic or other bland, boring champs who don't have that "it" factor and don't seem all that special, they are just younger than the old men in their division. Plus, I think Romero clearly beat him in their last fight. Even though Anderson is washed up, I'd watch him vs GSP or GSP vs Conor if GSP just wants a money fight to retire on, and an easy win for him. Basically pull a Mayweather.

It's a sport. If you are the champion, you fight the very best. He vacated to avoid exactly that.

Name a fight or fighter who GSP has failed to take someone down
I agree but but you never know whats gonna happen in a fight. Id agree and say GSP gets the takedown and holds him though but Whittaker has shown amazing TDD and heart/willingness to always get up urgently and not accept bad positions.
Would have been a great fight after Bisping

Back