News Guaranteed purses and bonuses for UFC 298, as filed with the CSAC (via LA Times)

These are all pretty low

But let's remember they can fight 2 to 3 times a year, and working 16 to 24ish weeks of the year "in camp" while the rest of the year is do whatever and stay in shape.

Any of these guys making over 50k for show, means they living comfortably and if they are winning then they are making 250k + a year, again working less than a school teacher does.

Ian Garry should absolutely fucking not be fighting Neal on a 55k/55k contract. His manager is failing him hard.

But, and this is just a guess, his manager likely isn't failing his actual client. Just like Ali is the best manager in the game - for the UFC.

The Dern and Cejudo numbers are concerning but for different reasons. Glad that Geoff Neal is cracking 6 figures, he's worth it and then some.

Dudes still getting 10k/10k......criminal.

"Superbowl of MMA"? Pretty sure guys that play in the Superbowl wipe their ass with more than 10k.

Even guys in the superbowl aren't being paid 15k for 15 minutes of play.

But, and this is just a guess, his manager likely isn't failing his actual client. Just like Ali is the best manager in the game - for the UFC.
With all the cuck weirdness going on with Garry the past few months pretty much every mma casual knows who he is. On every platform people are making jokes about him. I counted at least 3 people making more than him that are nowhere near the level of draw he is. Plus he's fighting a legit killer and risking his momentum and career options. 55k/55k is not enough.

They better not gyp out on my boy Gil next month:mad:

These are all pretty low

But let's remember they can fight 2 to 3 times a year, and working 16 to 24ish weeks of the year "in camp" while the rest of the year is do whatever and stay in shape.

Any of these guys making over 50k for show, means they living comfortably and if they are winning then they are making 250k + a year, again working less than a school teacher does.

But let's remember that this isn't how this actually works in real life, where expenses for fighters are much greater than your average Joe 9-5er. And most fighters do not consistently fight 3x a year. And by definition for every fighter that wins another loses. So any 'but if they win' factor is offset by those that necessarily lose.

Teachers also don't compete in the 'Superbowl of teaching' and they don't usually get their heads smashed in and suffer life-long healty problems.

And they don't usually earn 1/10th of less valuable teachers in worse schools, such as some top MMA fighters do compared to some top boxers who often generate far less PPV buys. Remember 'Deontay Wilder money'? Go look up Jones' career PPV buys vs Wilder and have a laugh.

But other than these completely retarded shill talking points, good post.

Isn’t it gonna be UFC “Judgement Day” (Dana &co vs former fighters) like this year?? That’s gonna reflect badly…

Mackenzie Dern making more than Henry whose only getting 150k is crazy.
I missed that. I just smoked a doobie, and seeing Merab’s pay compared to Dern. I didn’t even see Hank.

But it’s the same if they both win. 300K each.

Roman Kopylov on that 80/80 deal and Marcos Rogerio de Lima on that 100/100 good for them. Meanwhile Merab and Cejudo should be making way more…goes to show some fighters are severely underpaid while some are severely overpaid

Ian Garry should absolutely fucking not be fighting Neal on a 55k/55k contract. His manager is failing him hard.
He's trying to shoot up the ladder while he still young so he can get paid, it's risky but if he wins maybe he's a fight or two from the belt.

He's banking on being able to be viral McGregor clone .

With all the cuck weirdness going on with Garry the past few months pretty much every mma casual knows who he is. On every platform people are making jokes about him. I counted at least 3 people making more than him that are nowhere near the level of draw he is. Plus he's fighting a legit killer and risking his momentum and career options. 55k/55k is not enough.
Shouldn't have signed the fucking contract then lol
He's being made fun of for good reason, he is an annoying, deluded, half-cucked fool. Neal is just the type of fighter to flatline him for a lesson in humility, here's hoping.
Roman Kopylov on that 80/80 deal and Marcos Rogerio de Lima on that 100/100 good for them. Meanwhile Merab and Cejudo should be making way more…goes to show some fighters are severely underpaid while some are severely overpaid
I get rooting for fighters getting paid more, but now we're going to bog down others who smartly negotiated their contracts as to not fight for peanuts as overpaid?

Back